Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Glenlyon Recon

Re: Glenlyon Recon

G'day all, Late nights early mornings, i'm still getting over it. The fishing wasn't that great, i never caught a decent cod ( one @ 56cm) the water temp was down, the yella's were there casting to the shallows into the weeds we pick up a few .
    Nice meeting you dunmears.

cheers rossco
    Last edited by rossco; 22-10-2009 at 06:14 PM. Reason: add pics

Yes it was pretty tough going. The water temp. was down as Rossco said and it was very hard to catch much. I fished with live shrimp and fished hard for four days and only ended up with two Yellows. I have never seen so many people out there I've been going out there for twenty one years and I've never seen so many boats/trailers most days you could count forty trailers on the ramp. The camping ground was packed solid and Brian Dare said he was booked out for weeks to come. We went out there on a family outing with our son/daughter/grandkids and it was great to get the grandkids away from the T.V. , play stations, x boxes etc. and let them light an open fire and play with the fire( under close supervision) and see a sky full of stars instead of streetlights. We didn't catch mutch but we all had a great time. Bacon and eggs on the barby every morning, a few beers in the shade in the afternoon and few a beers around the campfire at night. It was great to meet you Rossco and you deserved more fish for all the effort you put in.

I would have liked to have been there ........

I'm a little surprised with the amount of people there ........ & here am I thinking it was a little far away quiet place ............ but certainly looking forward to getting there

Chris
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO

at least you got some fish rossco...would have been there but the gold coast sounded a little bit better...cheers bdowdy

G'day Brett yes sometimes you have to do the family thing, hopefully catch up to you next time.
    NAGG there is always next time.Has been getting good crowds for a few years now.
    dunmears, I agree every family should get away from the mod-cons of life and live a little,cya next time catch up and have beer or three.
    cheers rossco