Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Stealing Crab Pots!!!

Re: Stealing Crab Pots!!!

Quote Originally Posted by tigermullet View Post
    I definitely wasn't mentioning sickness as an excuse for stealing but as a possibility for making a mistake, which I thought had been covered in the second sentence of the paragraph. That, in my opinion, is not ridiculous. What is very clear is how easy it is for misunderstandings or misinterpretations to creep into any communication.

If you have the time then please read again what was written. You might also take into account that I find stealing or interfering with someone else's property quite obnoxious and could never condone nor excuse such behaviour.

The boat and occupants are well known at Tiger Mullet and Jacobs Well. If they have made a mistake or been misunderstood and have had their names blackened on a public forum I wonder how they will be feeling right now?

Before you jump all over me, I can also understand Epoc's feelings - in his situation I might have done exactly the same thing.

They deserve to be named and shamed,dont tell me you dont condone their actions while you defend them to the hilt.
    If I caught someone stealing from me I would defend my property with extreme prejudice.if you call that rough justice well thats life.
    Young scum grows and becomes old scum in my opinion and age,sickness or any other condition does not pardon their actions.

Craig
    If you always do what you've always done
    You'll always get what you've always got

Re: Stealing Crab Pots!!!

Quote Originally Posted by catfishkid View Post
    They deserve to be named and shamed,dont tell me you dont condone their actions while you defend them to the hilt.
    If I caught someone stealing from me I would defend my property with extreme prejudice.if you call that rough justice well thats life.
    Young scum grows and becomes old scum in my opinion and age,sickness or any other condition does not pardon their actions.

Craig
    You have either mis-read my remarks, taken them out of context or are being obtuse. Nowhere have I said that I condone theft. In fact, the opposite was stated.

Fortunately, I don't have to tell you anything nor do I care whether you misinterpret what has been written. Nor am I leaping to anyone's defence.

I just don't care that much to presume to tell anyone anything at all.

Everyone filters incoming information through their conscious and subconscious minds. It is easy to be misunderstood either by not expressing oneself clearly enough or by having the information pass through a filter clogged with prejudices of one sort or another.

This will be my last comment on the subject so, just to be very clear, I do not condone theft.