Thread: Updating your MMSI registration details with AMSA

Updating your MMSI registration details with AMSA

I recently sent an email to Australian Maritime Safety Authority (AMSA) in relation to updating my registration details related to my MMSI registration for my VHF.

They don't have any particular form to submit your updated details so it can be done via email.

I got the go-ahead to publish the following details:

Hi Ross,
    Your welcome to use my contact details for applying for an MMSI or updating MMSI details.
    Regards,

Linda Berryman
    406 MHz / MMSI DATABASE MANAGER
    PLANNING & BUSINESS SUPPORT
    EMERGENCY RESPONSE DIVISION

Level 3, 25 Constitution Avenue, Canberra ACT 2601
    GPO Box 2181, Canberra ACT 2601
    p +61 (0)2 6279 5041 or 1800 406 406
    f +61 (0)2 9332 6323 or 1800 406 329
    e linda.berryman@amsa.gov.au
    w www.amsa.gov.au

DON'T RISK GOING WITHOUT A 406
    Distress Beacon Information & Advice

e ausbeacon@amsa.gov.au
    w www.amsa.gov.au/beacons

Online Beacon Registration
    w www.beacons.amsa.gov.au

MMSI & VHF-DSC Information
    w www.amsa.gov.au/mmsi

Re: Updating your MMSI registration details with AMSA

Hi Ross .
    I added a beacon to mine the other day. The easiest thing seemed to open an online account and do it online straight away.
    The one thing I found difficult on their website was that when you drag your cursor arrow over the left column for update (Or whatever) the arrow does not change to the usual symbol (hand in my case) as per the majority of sites.
    Once my son told me just to click it and see it was all sweet. I knew those kids would come in handy some day.
    But there is really no need to contact them and wait for a reply if you feel like doing it yourself.
    Cheers,
    Brendan

One other thing ,
    The sticker on your beacon expires after 2 years.
    When I updated the account with the new beacon it automatically updated the existing one as well and 2 stickers arrived in the mail a few days later.
    Brendan

Thanks for the info Brendan,

I just created an online account.

The only thing that an online account won't allow you to update is vessel details if you already have a(n?) MMSI.

I was able to update contact details and emergency contacts but...

When I went to the page for updating vessel details and clicked on the button to edit, I got the result below:

"Details are not available for edit because of an attached MMSI application, please contact AMSA for assistance."

That means to update vessel details - if you don't have an EPIRB, you will need to have it changed manually by AMSA via phone or email.

(Using the details in my first post.)

Cheers, Ross
    Last edited by Sea-Dog; 25-07-2009 at 09:52 AM. Reason: Grammar

Yes Ross I had the same thing but, knowing that , you can just update those dtails at a separate time to , or BEFORE your current application. My update was there sure enough when the new rego came through.
    Brendan