Thread: Fish are shrinking due to global warming... riiight

Fish are shrinking due to global warming... riiight

Here's the article if your interested. Global warming strikes again!!

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=839768

Re: Fish are shrinking due to global warming... riiight

thats what i told the fisheries guy..... that bream was 25cm when i caught it...it shrank to 22cm

ha ha, nice one.

So fish are getting smaller because of global warming hey........fish are smaller in warmer regions they reckon....well they should explain THIS:

hehe, suck it so called 'Global Warming Experts"

Scott, fish might be shrinking because your catching all the big ones

Guys, a prominent Queensland scientist has been looking over this article and research data.

Some conclusions have been drawn, but it will take a little longer to digest.

Ecofishers have also been ploughing through the report.

the article is attempting to demonstrate a universal ecological/physiological rule linking temperature with maximum body size in aquatic organisms in the context of global warming. It has little to do with fishing.

Phill.
    Kingfisher Painting Solutions:- Domestic and Commercial.

For further information, contact details, quotes or advice - Click Here

Well if they say global warming is shrinking the fish, what about all the other creatures on earth. Must effect everyone if thats the case.??????

As usual they select what they want, then try and justify. Firstly if just in the water what about whales, dolphins, dugongs etc. Then on land we have Mammals and birds and then it follows on.

Oops no wonder i'm shrinking, thought it was just old age!!!

That also explains why the money in my wallet doesn't buy as much as before, It's also shrinking.

We seem to spend so much time having to justify everything, sometimes it just someone trying to justify their own personal position.

Back to what we do best. Fishing.

Regards

Trev
    Fish for the future, enjoy the present but think of your children.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky_Phill View Post

the article is attempting to demonstrate a universal ecological/physiological rule linking temperature with maximum body size in aquatic organisms in the context of global warming. It has little to do with fishing.

Phill.
    Hi Phil,

I know this article has nothing to do with fishing, but I just think Global Warming is a crock its all based on annecdotal evidence, and whenever something occurs to disprove the GW theory, it gets changed to suit. Never mind the fact that we are still technically in an ice age (an ice age is scientifically defined as the planet having polar ice caps, which we do), and the warming of the planet, if they can prove its actually happening is part of the natural cycle, and until humans have been around for millions of years, observing these patterns, how can they comment otherwise? Its already been proven that the earth has gone through at least 2 previous cycles of freezing and warming well before humans could have any influence at all (simply because we didn't exist).

Good on Ecofishers for having a good look at it though, because, global warming, being hot on the political agenda, it won't be long until some knuckle head pops up saying that global warming isn't affecting the size, and migratory paterns of fish, fishing is to blame, and we all know from past experience, the public and the Govt's of the world will suck it right up and totally immerse themselves in the stupid mentality we have seen in the past, re green zones.

Yep Scott, totally agree.

phill
    Kingfisher Painting Solutions:- Domestic and Commercial.

For further information, contact details, quotes or advice - Click Here

Quote Originally Posted by Ozie_3 View Post
    thats what i told the fisheries guy..... that bream was 25cm when i caught it...it shrank to 22cm

LOL
    And I'm sure he agreed and let you off!!

Quote Originally Posted by Scott nthQld View Post
    So fish are getting smaller because of global warming hey........fish are smaller in warmer regions they reckon....well they should explain THIS:

hehe, suck it so called 'Global Warming Experts"

Scotty,

You are catching all the big ones and leaving none for us!!!
    Unbelievable....nice red!!!