Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Dam leaves out fresh water anglers

Re: New Dam leaves out fresh water anglers

Hi Shayned

I have sent them an email about the carp. When I get a reply I will post the response.

Still do not think it will fill up, but anyway wait and see.

Cheers
    Budgebass

I still haven't got reply from QWIS, I wait and wait. Funnily enough I sent information to them before the reports production and didn't get a response then either. Either I'm so offensive that words fail people or the government body in this case really had no interest in rec angling to begin with.

I am hoping it is the first option, after all I can learn some manners.

Looks like common sense has prevailed with the release of the Recreation Master Plan for Wyaralong Dam. It now lists the Freshwater Fishstocking Association of Qld as a group that was consulted and states that fishing and boating with electric motors will be allowed. Here is an extract from page 45 of the rec plan:

Activities may include:
    • Fishing from non-motorised vessels such as canoes and kayaks and other low speed, low impact boats with electric outboard engines (subject to environmental constraints and stocking).
    It also goes on to say:
    The Scenic Rim is a well known fishing region, with the Maroon and Moogerah dams in close proximity to the Wyaralong Dam. Once the Wyaralong Dam has been established and the storage level has stabilised, it will create the opportunity for recreational fishing. Further opportunities for recreational groups in relation to fish stocking would be available in accordance with the relevant approval processes being completed.

Thanks to everyone who sent in a reply to the original draft plan.
    The latest plan can be found at:
    http://wyaralongdam.com.au/Default.a...language=en-AU

Patrick.

The problem is the dam will be full of big fat european carp before there is enough bass or cod in the dam to compete.

Teh Teviot Brook on which teh Dam is being built. (That is right Brook - not river not creek not stream but brook).
    The Teviot is full of lagoons all along it, These lagoons at present are chocka block full of big euros some up to 10lb that will just love the new dam.
    They aint addressing that problem. So they are a bit like an ostrich.