Thread: Just Joined

Just Joined

Hi all,

I have bought some land at Buxton, Qld (Burrum River) and plan to build retirement home there early 2011. Would welcome any tips/ secret spot locations so that I can start to plan my fishing retirement.

Regards

Mark LOVE @ Loveshak2

Re: Just Joined

You lucky so-n-so.
    Good luck with your retirement.
    Unfortunately based in Bris I can't be of much help to you, maybe post your question on the SALTWATER FISHING page ????
    Cheers
    Bob

Gday and Welcome to Ausfish mate...ENJOY!!!

Burrum River is a nice place, but gets a fair bit of fishing especially in school holidays. Still a few good fish pulled from there regularly plus crabs and prawns. Have a search of 'saltwater' and 'fishing reports' threads using the term Burrum and you will turn up heaps of info to get you started.

You got a boat or land based?

Jeremy

Will be buying a tinnie just for the river systems - like the look of Tab tinnies..

Tks
    Mark

had a deposit on a block of land at buxton, 1 minute from the boat ramp..... but in the end the bank made up our mind for us................bugger

Damn nice spot and not to popular, yet. 70k for a block was good value too, our block is still for sale but is now listed at 90 k

while we were there one family beached their boat on the sandbank out from the boatramp and had a picnic, their kids loved it and even played cricket on it as well, complete with the family pooch.
    Last edited by garman1; 30-07-2009 at 03:20 PM. Reason: adding extra comment
    Cheers Garry

A bad day fishing, beats a good day at work!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by garman1 View Post
    had a deposit on a block of land at buxton, 1 minute from the boat ramp..... but in the end the bank made up our mind for us................bugger

Damn nice spot and not to popular, yet. 70k for a block was good value too, our block is still for sale but is now listed at 90 k

while we were there one family beached their boat on the sandbank out from the boatramp and had a picnic, their kids loved it and even played cricket on it as well, complete with the family pooch.
    Paid a bit more for my block (nearly 2000sqm) and am only 300metres from Ramp. Hopefully it will stay a quiet little village for the next 15years so that I can enjoy my retirement while I can still get around.

regards

Mark

Hi Mark

I am envious to say the least........ all I can say is enjoy enjoy enjoy lol
    Cheers Garry

A bad day fishing, beats a good day at work!!!!!!!!!!!!!