Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Buying Overseas Update

Buying Overseas Update

I know lots of members dont believe in this so they should stop reading now...

Just found a new shop where the service is excellent and cheapest I could find anywhere. I mention it only as a reported experience I have no interest at all in the business. I just ordered some equipment (Furuno FCV620) last Tuesday 7th, it was shipped Wednesday 8th, arrived regional Qld Monday 13th...that's 3 working days or 5 elapsed days. About the same time as from Sydney.

Best part was that Paul the proprietor uses USPS (United States Postal Service) equiv. Aust Post and not UPS or Fedex where my parcel would have cost $160USD...with USPS it cost half that and was maybe faster....and insured. Advice by email was quick and good too...overall a good experience and I saved over $500aud. Those critics who hope I have a warranty problem dont bother to reply... it's a Furuno...If I never take a bigger risk than that I will be happy. The world is globalising into one market whether we want it to or not.

Paul Cookson..... cascadegps@##########

http://www.cascadegps.com/store/home.php (Bellingham near Seattle)

Re: Buying Overseas Update

I've had the same experience buying furuno through Paul at cascadegps, have used him a couple of times and his service, price and advice is excellent

some good prices in that shop
    Garry

Retired Honda Master Tech

hi mindi
    been dealing with paul for a number off yrs
    always been good to me

pete

not trying to hijack this thread but another guy to have a look at is #############.com - an aussie residing in the states so you pay into the CBA in aus - i bought a lowrance lcx 27 c off him and mate bought a garmin both new and very good and and no issues at all
    cheers rob

Quote Originally Posted by patrol50 View Post
    not trying to hijack this thread but another guy to have a look at is #############.com - an aussie residing in the states so you pay into the CBA in aus - i bought a lowrance lcx 27 c off him and mate bought a garmin both new and very good and and no issues at all
    cheers rob

Put some dots in the wording of the link looks its being filtered by Ausfish
    Garry

Retired Honda Master Tech

Dont know how you saved $500 Bia's are selling FCV620 With Transducer for $1595 & then you get a $100 cash back from Furuno so it cost you $1495 ? so $820US =$1051 Aussie with out Freight and GST So with Gst make's it $1156 with out freight so that sure dont add up to $500 bucks .

Joe

Quote Originally Posted by Mindi View Post
    I know lots of members dont believe in this so they should stop reading now...

Just found a new shop where the service is excellent and cheapest I could find anywhere. I mention it only as a reported experience I have no interest at all in the business. I just ordered some equipment (Furuno FCV620) last Tuesday 7th, it was shipped Wednesday 8th, arrived regional Qld Monday 13th...that's 3 working days or 5 elapsed days. About the same time as from Sydney.

Best part was that Paul the proprietor uses USPS (United States Postal Service) equiv. Aust Post and not UPS or Fedex where my parcel would have cost $160USD...with USPS it cost half that and was maybe faster....and insured. Advice by email was quick and good too...overall a good experience and I saved over $500aud. Those critics who hope I have a warranty problem dont bother to reply... it's a Furuno...If I never take a bigger risk than that I will be happy. The world is globalising into one market whether we want it to or not.

Paul Cookson..... cascadegps@##########

http://www.cascadegps.com/store/home.php (Bellingham near Seattle)

Quote Originally Posted by battler1 View Post
    Dont know how you saved $500 Bia's are selling FCV620 With Transducer for $1595 & then you get a $100 cash back from Furuno so it cost you $1495 ? so $820US =$1051 Aussie with out Freight and GST So with Gst make's it $1156 with out freight so that sure dont add up to $500 bucks .

Joe
    Cool.....suggest you buy one at BCF

ok sorry another option to look is ,######,imports , all one word and forget the commas good price good service in my experience
    cheers rob
    that is - b,o,n,z,e,r,i,m,p,o,r,t,s

Good Service & good price Classic the only service they give is beating a guy who does give you good service & any company can do that .

Joe

ok sorry another option to look is ,######,imports , all one word and forget the commas good price good service in my experience
    cheers rob
    that is - b,o,n,z,e,r,i,m,p,o,r,t,s

Good Service & good price Classic the only service they give is beating a guy who does give you good service & any company can do that .

Joe

mate all i can tell you is the unit turned up on time in good nick was new and works fine and it was way cheaper to buy os at that time than in aus $456 saved - and that all i need it to do but if you dont want to buy os then thats ok as its your choice - best rob

Joe

mate all i can tell you is the unit turned up on time in good nick was new and works fine and it was way cheaper to buy os at that time than in aus $456 saved - and that all i need it to do but if you dont want to buy os then thats ok as its your choice - best rob
    Agree Rob...same as my 620 exactly...Sure we are taking a small risk that it will have a warranty fault and then we have to try our luck with Taylors or pay for repairs...
    I wouldnt buy most brands this way including the best known biggest selling ones but Furuno..? I reckon the risk is small. I am comfortable with where I'm at.

I buy most of my electronics from the states & have done for the last 8 years.
    Always great service & price.
    I've also had a warranty claim to deal with as well. Did all via email and had a new tranny on my doorstep in 4 days.
    Aussie importers / wholesalers have a lot to learn I am afraid. The consumer is getting smarter and wants more bang for their buck.
    Heath
    Gold Coast
    WWW.GCFISHING.COM

Quote Originally Posted by Heath View Post
    I buy most of my electronics from the states & have done for the last 8 years.
    I've also had a warranty claim to deal with as well. Did all via email and had a new tranny on my doorstep in 4 days.
    Aussie importers / wholesalers have a lot to learn I am afraid. The consumer is getting smarter and wants more bang for their buck.
    I agree 100%. I usually buy it or get my mate to buy as there are quite a few things that have free USA shipping. Then he ships it to me usually at a big reduction to what most of the stores charge for shipping.

Good on you Heath

Joe

quote=Heath;1048203]I buy most of my electronics from the states & have done for the last 8 years.
    Aussie importers / wholesalers have a lot to learn I am afraid. The consumer is getting smarter and wants more bang for their buck.[/quote]