Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Mondy from the back court

Re: Mondy from the back court

Is that the purple skeeter that is/was for sale not long ago? ?????? No my Purple people eater skeeter

[quote]
    Quote Originally Posted by leelee View Post
    For sure. Youralways have to look at the negatives and remeber next time how NOT to do it. I guess thats what heppens when you learn from your mistakes.
    Always a big learning curve Lee & you done good IMO

Says the man who hooked 2 good barra from the back of the boat
    I managed to slip a cast or 2 in ....... but look at the trouble I was in on both occassions

I know what you mean mate. Next time for sure you can do some more leccy work and I will be more calm and collected because I will not get stung by a wasp again

Cheers

Lee
    Next time we will have to rearrange your front deck ....... get those rod tips pointing forward (It creates a lot more room) - I was so paranoid about busting one of your rods + If we fought & landed a big fish up there we could have ended up with a disaster.
    Anyhow its all a learning curve ...... & it may take a little time to figure out what works best
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO

Quote Originally Posted by Awoonga View Post
    Is that the purple skeeter that is/was for sale not long ago? ?????? No my Purple people eater skeeter
    Ahh ok Trev.

I was thinking of the one with the 200ho.

Sorry

Cheers

Lee

[quote=NAGG;1046866]
    Next time we will have to rearrange your front deck ....... get those rod tips pointing forward (It creates a lot more room) - I was so paranoid about busting one of your rods + If we fought & landed a big fish up there we could have ended up with a disaster.
    Anyhow its all a learning curve ...... & it may take a little time to figure out what works best
    That’s the downside of owning a small glass boat. You don't have all the room that the big boats do.

I am comfortable fighting big fish from the front of my deck and have not had any problems with stepping on rods but I guess that’s just years of fishing in the same situation for different species.

Makes it hard if you face the tips forward because momentum can pull rods out of straps and they can end up in the drink pretty darn quick.

Actually I would like to know how guys in small bass boats get around this, boats like sx170's etc. Anyone have any ideas? All rods under the deck in the locker that are not being used?

Cheers

Lee

Trev runs his rods with the tips forward (retractable strap across) ......... It creates much more usable deckspace. Typically there would be 3 rods on the deck & another 3 up the side of the passengers seat I've not seen a problem Chris
    Teach him how to fish
    TEAM MOJIKO

Quote Originally Posted by NAGG View Post
    Trev runs his rods with the tips forward (retractable strap across) ......... It creates much more usable deckspace. Typically there would be 3 rods on the deck & another 3 up the side of the passengers seat I've not seen a problem Chris
    Are the rods 7 footers or short bc rods?

The spins rods I had were 7 footers so for me to face them the other way with tips forward would mean that the rod butts would be in the same positions as the tips were prior to changing them around.

Cheers

Lee

Are the rods 7 footers or short bc rods?

The spins rods I had were 7 footers so for me to face them the other way with tips forward would mean that the rod butts would be in the same positions as the tips were prior to changing them around.

Cheers

Lee

A mixture Lee ..... At least 1, 7ft spin rod & the others BCs.
    Thats one problem with spin rods ...... they do take up more room . Even in my rod locker ...... I can only fit 4 rigged spin set ups - but 6 BCs.
    From memory ..... I think the scissor mount on your leccy might interfere too .
    But I'm sure you can find a way around it

Chris
    Teach him how to fish
    TEAM MOJIKO

But I'm sure you can find a way around it

Chris
    There is always a way around everything.

I am working on that right now.

Cheers

Lee

Quote Originally Posted by Awoonga View Post
    Looks like you've found a name for the Skeet Trev
    Ranger 188VX - "Sweet Chariot"

Ahh ok Trev.

I was thinking of the one with the 200ho.

Sorry

Cheers

Lee

Lee.....That would be Les's (McCod)

Cheers
    Paul

I'm the same as Trev....three on the front deck, tips forward under the retractable rod strap. Doesn't matter if they are spin or BC but I do have an extra foot or so to play with....18'8". Can lay them either starboard or portside but generally port side.

Also run a rig or two (can fit three or four) up the rod ramp beside the passenger seat.

Set up seems to work well, as the back courter still has easy access to his rigs.

Cheers
    Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Big_Ren View Post
    I'm the same as Trev....three on the front deck, tips forward under the retractable rod strap. Doesn't matter if they are spin or BC but I do have an extra foot or so to play with....18'8". Can lay them either starboard or portside but generally port side.

Also run a rig or two (can fit three or four) up the rod ramp beside the passenger seat.

Set up seems to work well, as the back courter still has easy access to his rigs.

Cheers
    Paul
    My oath it worked Paul ( 3 fishing) ..... besides I'd have to send an SMS if I wanted a rod from the front deck

Chris
    Teach him how to fish
    TEAM MOJIKO

Cheers
    Paul
    yes thats where I have an issue is the front deck length is a tad short on the port side.

My thought is to build a rod storage in the rod locker pretty similar to the moose heads you see in ther USA. Then I cna put rods in and out as I please and only have 1 or 2 on the deck.

Cheers

Lee

yes thats where I have an issue is the front deck length is a tad short on the port side.

My thought is to build a rod storage in the rod locker pretty similar to the moose heads you see in ther USA. Then I cna put rods in and out as I please and only have 1 or 2 on the deck.

Cheers

Lee
    Lee

Have you got rod tubes in your rod locker. If so, buy yourself a couple of Stick Jackets from B*F or other tackle stores. They fit spin and BC rods but the beauty of them is you can slide your rods into them fully rigged, put them in the rod locker and no tangles.

Cheers
    Paul

Lee

Have you got rod tubes in your rod locker. If so, buy yourself a couple of Stick Jackets from B*F or other tackle stores. They fit spin and BC rods but the beauty of them is you can slide your rods into them fully rigged, put them in the rod locker and no tangles.

Cheers
    Paul
    Nope I have no tubes or rod organsier sorry.

I'm going to build one asap and have a few designes I need to look at before I make the right chioce.

Cheers

Lee