Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Where have the tailor gone

Where have the tailor gone

Ahoy land based tailor chasers,

Can anyone tell me where the tailor are on the Gold Coast beaches...I've been to Narrowneck and bugger all was caught...been to sand pumping jetty last 3 nights and caught zero, from 2pm to 11.00pm.

Peter

Re: Where have the tailor gone

only 2 small greenbacks caught this morning at the end of the seaway wall from 6-9. i finally got one on spin and one taken on a pillie.

On Nugget's show this morning Talior up to 5kg were caught on North Straddie last sunday/monday.

There you go Bondy, catch the Ferry over to Straddie and you have quite a few options when you get there !!

3 large 'choppers' caught last night at the Jetty. This morning on Jetty i saw 3 more caught up to 8am. Last time I saw greenbacks was over 4 weeks ago. I have tried broadbeach, narrowneck, spit[beach beside jetty] and the Jetty itself..tailor is very scarce

we need some strong westerlies to bring them in there out there just a bit of shore

Thanks to all those who replied.

Hooknose, I don't have a 4WD mate so can't go onto eastern side of North Straddie.

Justjack, I thought SE or SW would have been the go. Never caught tailor from the jetty during a westerly.

Apconcen, big greenbacks have passed through I think.

I'll go back down on Thursday early morning. 3.00am till 9.00am. depending on wind and strength. Peter

westerlies or anythin in that direction bring in the baitfish close to shore where its calmer, the fish are where the food is i get big tailor all year long you just have to find them or have patients they can be there one night and gone the next

That makes sense but can become costly going down for a drive to the coast every day, 90 klm round trip.

Peter

Further south, Port Stephens, the last 2 weeks (after a week of big schools) have been miserable. In fact a few days ago I hooked what I though was kelp and as I waded in to get it off the line a big greenback dropped off into the sand as the wave receded. So with one hand on the rod I tried to grab him but he slid away and I'm sure was planning his escape on the next wave about to swamp us -- so screw the rod (and the reel is only a Jarvis Walker) I ditched it onto the sand and wrestled him on my hands and knees with both hands whilst being drenched with the incoming wave. Got him, but that's how desperate you get!

They've been hard to find in the Maroochy too, I've donuted a bit too much of late.

If your fishing on the jetty ive found a light south easter is best, it puts a bit of chop and foam on the water, ive found when a westerly is blowing and the water is clear you are wasting your time..

yer, late last week nailed a few greenbacks of about 4kg on north straddie, once the mullet netters went through they seemed to slow up though, so if you can, ide say its worth the trip over
    cheers troy

I think they are all congregating in the surf right up close to the beach, directly in front of Eurong Beach resort, on Fraser.

They are obviously preparing for my arrival & psyching themselves up for devastation...!?
    "...a voice in my head keeps telling me to go fishing..."

They are on North and South Straddie beaches.

I don't have a 4WD and would like to get the big greenbacks at 5kg + on the North Straddie beach headig towards the pin.

Anyone got a 4WD, team up and split the fuel and barge costs. Sounds good but no takers.

Peter