Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Story time Lake Awoonga

Re: Story time Lake Awoonga

Good luck with it Trev and power to you. Just keep that wobblehead Garrett out of it, good muso but a shocking Polly.

Pete.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete62 View Post
    Good luck with it Trev and power to you. Just keep that wobblehead Garrett out of it, good muso but a shocking Polly.

Pete.
    Pete, Pete, Pete, I agree with the last point, but a good muso???????? mate i strongly disagree with that. If he was on fire i would only p** on him if it was petrol, the man's a tool, bed's are burning, bloody rubbish, can't dance either.

Trev, good luck with the negioations mate we are hoping you are sucessfull.

Quote Originally Posted by aussiebasser View Post
    One million fish per year? At 20 cents per fish that's $200,000 per year. I can't see that happening out of the SIP allocations, and if it does, at what cost to other impoundments. It would also see the end of Mangrove Jack until DPI approve them. A community based stocking group would need to be formed.
    Aussie Basser
    Try more like 50 cents a fish, barra are 1 cent a mm $500,000 thats a lot of chook raffles
    Always Think Like A Fish - No Matter How Weird It Gets

Quote Originally Posted by Magella View Post
    Aussie Basser
    Try more like 50 cents a fish, barra are 1 cent a mm $500,000 thats a lot of chook raffles
    Actually Foxie about 80c delivered to the dam.

Quote Originally Posted by NAGG View Post
    Trev ......

I hope for everyones sake that sanity will prevail

Chris
    Oh HO HO HO! "sanity will prevail " Yer good one Chris

Quote Originally Posted by Obi _ Wan View Post
    This sort of thing gives me bloody night mares, Awoonga! oh Noooooo!

and i though Anna promised more jobs not to lose more?

Obi_Wan (John)
    What? and you believed her

Well some one must have voted for them

Quote Originally Posted by Awoonga View Post
    No but the Chairman is a woman !
    Well there you go

Most of my Money is spent on Booze and Fishin.
    The Rest is just Wasted!
    To The Shed.............

Quote Originally Posted by Steve B View Post
    Actually Foxie about 80c delivered to the dam.
    I was trying to understate it a bit, but I thought you'd get a pretty good price on a million of the little fella's.

Quote Originally Posted by aussiebasser View Post
    I was trying to understate it a bit, but I thought you'd get a pretty good price on a million of the little fella's.
    Dale, I would think that too. Doesn't seem to be the case, supply and demand I spose. We can usually only get 50,60000 at a time. which works out OK, because thats about the limit of the funds anyway. A better deal would always be nice. Steve

Hi Trev, maybe you should have a chat to Daryl about whether they might donate the proceeds of the hookup to stocking awoonga. If we need to form a stocking association you can count me in, cheers scott

Good luck with it Trev, let me know if I can be of any assistance.

Cheers
    Tony

Trev, has anybody contacted Liz Cunningham, I would imagine she would be able to get right into this one
    Gary

Quote Originally Posted by toadfish View Post
    Trev, has anybody contacted Liz Cunningham, I would imagine she would be able to get right into this one
    Gary
    She's in hospital. I'm not surprised at the happenings as the hatchery was a joint venture between GAWB and CQPA and as the goverment is desperate for money both these corporations will be squeezed dry for money to prop up the state coffers. It amazes me that we went from rich governemnt to paupers virtually overnight, seems to me they had the money invested in risky investments that went belly up.

Awoonga seems to have some inside knowledge it is just a matter of sitting down and typing a piece for the paper together with a photo and some quotes and you can bet it will be published uncut. The papers have bugger all journalists now days and getting less so they will publish a good story as it is easy work for them and they don't have to leave the office.
    The ball will then be back in GAWB court for an answer, the bit about going it alone at this stage is rubbish as the costs are too high.

Quote Originally Posted by vet View Post
    Hi Trev, maybe you should have a chat to Daryl about whether they might donate the proceeds of the hookup to stocking awoonga. If we need to form a stocking association you can count me in, cheers scott
    Scotty, Had a meeting with Daryl ..first up.... letters have been sent to people on the GAWB... As far as dollars go.... from the people that l have talked too thats not a problem its fingerlings not enough to go around

Could I make a suggestion? It appears supply of Sth strain Barra is a prob. and if what I read was correct GAWB will walk away from the hatchery. Presumably the facilities will still exist so is there a way for the hatchery to be leased off of GAWB and run privately?

Quote Originally Posted by Bros View Post
    She's in hospital. I'm not surprised at the happenings as the hatchery was a joint venture between GAWB and CQPA and as the goverment is desperate for money both these corporations will be squeezed dry for money to prop up the state coffers. It amazes me that we went from rich governemnt to paupers virtually overnight, seems to me they had the money invested in risky investments that went belly up.

Awoonga seems to have some inside knowledge it is just a matter of sitting down and typing a piece for the paper together with a photo and some quotes and you can bet it will be published uncut. The papers have bugger all journalists now days and getting less so they will publish a good story as it is easy work for them and they don't have to leave the office.
    The ball will then be back in GAWB court for an answer, the bit about going it alone at this stage is rubbish as the costs are too high.
    Well liz is out of hospital and doing a few hours each day ...Also Cris Trevor does know about it .... Going to the local media ? yes thats the last straw.. go through the proper channels first then our local rag can have it...And with its style l can just see that headline...

Quote Originally Posted by shayned View Post
    Could I make a suggestion? It appears supply of Sth strain Barra is a prob. and if what I read was correct GAWB will walk away from the hatchery. Presumably the facilities will still exist so is there a way for the hatchery to be leased off of GAWB and run privately?
    Nail on the head Sunshine...BUT a few bridges to cross first ...The building is owned by the port they pay for power, and dont charge rent to GAWB..