Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fish ID Please?? And Details of Tropical sojourn!!

Re: Fish ID Please?? And Details of Tropical sojourn!!

Quote Originally Posted by nickstock View Post
    I will PM you a place 45 minutes from Cairns where I pulled 7 legal Barra (62-77cms) in two sessions (all but one were released). I have fished the place for the last 12 months and it is not uncommon to pull 5-10 fish a session.

I have no problem with taking enough for a feed but don't flog the place out.

Nick
    Awesome - Thanks Nickstock, really appreciate that if you can send it.
    Mate, even a legal fish is a fair few fillets so won't be taking more than 2 and that would only be if one of the kids comes along.
    Regards,

Andrew.
    =============
    W: www.agt.id.au
    M: 0410 834 486

Re: Fish ID Please?? And Details of Tropical sojourn!!

Quote Originally Posted by BayBruiser View Post
    Too right!!

I enjoyed the warm mornings, up before dawn, shorts and shirt was all that was required. Definitely need a good can of bushmans when exploring all those small creeks leading in to the inlet though.
    Yes, failure to have a can of bushmans on hand is a good way to lose a lot of weight very quickly in the inlet

Quote Originally Posted by BayBruiser View Post
    I was gutted to leave so soon..... a week and a half isn't enough to work out all the tricks of a location. For the second week and a half my wife and kids came up and we did all the tourist things so only managed a few quick night landbased trips.

What I did learn is the size of the tides make a massive impact on catch rate!
    Yes that inlet is huge and like you say so many little creeks to explore; Father In-Law and myself nearly got caught one day and only just got back out into the main inlet on a falling tide... Really need to hit that place on a rising tide and back out to the main inlet when it seriously starts falling.
    Regards,

Andrew.
    =============
    W: www.agt.id.au
    M: 0410 834 486