Page 9 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: my formula 233

Re: my formula 233

Opti, I have to say this would be one of the best fitouts Ive seen on a trailer boat, the attention to detail looks second to none. Ive shown this thread to a few people now and they all say the same thing "WOW". Its an absolute credit to your self and those who have worked on it. Have you got any idea on a total weight with all the little extras? & I have to ask what trailer you will you be putting under it?

Fantastic job mate.

Cheere Pelagic Boats.

thanks for the comments guys ,the hull was 1650 kg bare ,i estimate another 400 kg of extras so far,so aroung 2000 kg for round figures ,plus 460 kg for engines, plus fuel .
    im going to get an origin custom alloy trailer at aroung 600 kg in weight ,so should be under 3.5 ton with light fuel load.closer to 4 ton fully loaded up.

well finally got the engines hanging off the back,hopefully 3 weeks to the water .
    just a couple of pics ,i ve just hung the engines off the top bolts today ,still need to couple up controls etc,everything fits nice and tight,and the motors dont hit the tabs on full lock .
    a couple of small details ,i had to have angled spacers machined up for the top bolts to compensate the well angle.
    also had to machine the top of the transom plate to clear the deck.im not a fan on the chopping board transom plate as ive seen a few transoms ruined with them especially with v6 engines,large 10mm well plate spreads the load ,not that i think this transom is going to crack anytime soon.just dont like engine load hanging on a washer.
    engines are at 22 1/2 inch centres.tie bar will be here tomorrow.

Opti your a legend mate, the Black Bettys look nice hanging of the back, should go like a scolded cat!! cant wait to see full on water shots buddy

Take a bow Opti! and thankyou for sharing.

Nearly there finally Opti. Plenty of horsies there. Love to see your face on the first trip especially when you give it heaps. What are those rods doing there..Getting practice??

cheers boys ,yes the final chapter on this scessil b d'mill production is is almost over,been a long project thats for sure.
    a couple of pics of the anchor ,i was going to get a polished stainless manson supreme untill i found out they were 1800 dollars ,i had to pull up on that and go the cheap plough,the winch works perfect in the shed,200m of 8mm spectra 10m of 8mm ss chain ,two swivels on each end of the chain

thats looking awsome, what top speed do you reckon??
    cheers jim

Bad ass !!!!

That boat is a credit to you - total quality

What Props are you starting with Dave??
    Garry

Retired Honda Master Tech

im going to run 21p rev 4,s 14 5/8 dia,if i can turn them il be doing 60 mph,this is a really heavy boat and 600ltr of fuel etc so fingers crossed ,i spent the last 3 weekends blueprinting the bottum of the hull so im giving it everything i can.im hoping 30 mph at 3000 rpm,40 mph at 4000rpm ,50 mph at 5000 rpm ,should be close to those numbers

Excuse my ignorance but what is "blueprinting" when referring to the hull? Ive rebuilt a fair few motors which ive blueprinted meaning getting the absolute lowest tolerance
    If love is blind, why is lingerie so popular???

my 233 came out of the original mould ,the mould was quite porous,so it left the hull feeling like 240 grit sand paper,instead of smooth glass,so i had to sand it with 800 and buff it ,i also cleaned up a few other imperfections while i was at it ,something you really shouldnt have to do to a new hull,,not long after my boat was made edencraft finally made a new 233 mould to rectify this problem.

WOW

The Boat and motors look fantastic Im amazed how great the whole package has come up . I cant wait to hear and see some pics of her on the water.

You must be starting to get a little bit excited now! you're on the home-straight with the finishing line in sight.

That is some serious horsepower there! and all looking solid, classic, and awesome!

After you get her sorted out, I reckon you need to have an open day on the Goldy so we can all come and check her out.

Cheers,

Matt