Page 7 of 22 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: my formula 233

Re: my formula 233

Quote Originally Posted by pilchardjones View Post
    opti that is an amazing fitout job you are doing. pure class and obviously you are loving it. i can't wait to see the on water pics. thanks for sharing this great project.
    steve
    should be the name of the boat " Pure Class"
    560c Bar Crusher "Overtime"

Quote Originally Posted by Jarrah Jack View Post
    Opti I notice you've got a cat in your avatar but you've gone to a mono hull for this venture. Some of the cat boys say you never go back to mono. I'm interested to know why you've gone with the 233 which I think is a superb hull BTW..
    thats another storey ,but the cat i had had a pretty low tunnel,that slapped uncomfortably hard whilst trolling,to a point that you wouldnt troll baits as it was too painfull.secondly it had narrow sponsons and was tender in a following sea,and it scared the crap out of my wife,but man it ate up moreton bay 1m chop at 60 knts the deep v is better suited for game fishing and thats what i mainly want to do now.

Quote Originally Posted by Skusto View Post
    should be the name of the boat " Pure Class"
    i dont think so ,that name would be more suited to a dyna or sunseker [wank boat],although i take your suggestion as a compliment,this is a fishing/working mans boat,although a bit flash in some parts its all durable and low maintence and most importantly functional.i havnt thought of a name yet ,the first word will be REEL,just havnt got a definate on the second,come up with mental ,formula,pain etc,if you come up with somthin post it up .
    ive had an editer from trailer boat contact me ,going to do a storey on the boat,he actually asked what i thought the title should be,honestly i dont know. if i was doing it all again from now with the dollar so good id be importing a 30 ft for less money,if only i had that crystal ball,so maybe im just crazy,reel crazy.but i would of never saved all the money in one hit,id get distracted and spend it on something else,so this way i spose it kept my focus on the project.proably why ive gone so far as it wasnt all in one big hit,just lots of small ones.
    eta for engines and electronics is 2 weeks.and i just ordered the mecmoniter .

Quote Originally Posted by OPTI View Post
    i dont think so ,that name would be more suited to a dyna or sunseker [wank boat],although i take your suggestion as a compliment,this is a fishing/working mans boat,although a bit flash in some parts its all durable and low maintence and most importantly functional.i havnt thought of a name yet ,the first word will be REEL,just havnt got a definate on the second,come up with mental ,formula,pain etc,if you come up with somthin post it up .
    How about just

"Reel Sweet" or "Reel Nice Rig with slimey tubes i'll probably never use but seemed like a great idea at the time "

Looking Magggggggggnificent

how bout Reel Exxy? or Reel Boat? or REEEELLL Long time coming.

look great, needless to say i wish i had ot only the dollars, but the patience and expertise to undertake such a mammoth task

What about "ReelSkool"
    Phonetic spelling of school, like this is how its done.

"The Reel Formula"

hey opti
    ive just stripped mine to a bare hull its now at the fibreglassers filling all the holes and then to the paint shop and then its fit out time. i wish mine was to your quality but ill do the best i can considering its a 30 year old hull. ill post a couple of photos. i would like to see yours one day. maybe at a game comp somewhere??
    cheers jim

sounds good jim ,i plan on doing lots of tournaments once i get it sorted.
    deckie your a crack up
    yes reel formula is in the top ten at this stage ,im kinda liking reel deal also ,but names right now are the least of my worries ,but keep them coming please.
    spent all weekend on it,mainly wiring ,a good friend of mine that fits electronics for a living suggested that i install the rudder sensor that came with the auto pilot ,[it states optional in the manual]anyway easier to fit it now than later ,i really need a bigger boat to fit all this gear into ,anyway adapt cut and modify is my motto.lol.i came up with a good solution. give me a few weeks and il have lots to show ,and then a video on how to get too the 50,s in under 20mins

Opti
    it looks unreal when do you hope to have her in the water
    bull

Bull 1 said it, how about Unreel?

how about "Fine Form". lovely boat mate, that's as good a trailer fishing boat as i have ever seen.

Quote Originally Posted by Bull 1 View Post
    Opti
    it looks unreal when do you hope to have her in the water
    bull
    motors are due in 2 weeks,and so are the rest of the electronics so im hoping for mid may for the maiden.
    i like unreel ,good one.

what about "Optimus Prime" or "Optimax Prime" from the transformers . because this boat has definately been transformed
    Stuie
    IF IT CAN'T EAT A WHOLE PILLY I DON'T WANT IT

i had some goodies arrive today,e 140 wide mfd and hd radar . this week end is goin to be busy .