Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: my formula 233

Re: my formula 233

G'Day OPTI,
    That is a great job all round. Looks very sharp.
    Do you mind telling me what bilge pump you used. I am planning to upgrade my system soon.
    ROLL TIDE, ROLL.................

Regards,
    Peter

i used tmc 3000 gph bilge pumps from bla ,they work quite well .
    i have the auto pilot installed ,i ended up using raymarine ,x30 core pack with a st70 control head and type 2 pump,going e 140 wide screen mfd with hd radar.
    should start coming to gether quickly now.

hey opti yours is looking a treat, ive just started the 5th refit of my hull since 1969 shes in the shed and going to get the modern makeover, my choice of power this time will be a 300hp yamaha v6, im going to put a alloy hardtop on it, have you ever seen one with a hardtop and have you got any photos??
    cheers jim

hi jim,i have a couple of pics ,i was going to have a hard top but the one i made just didnt look right on the boat ,so in frustration i went the t top route.
    i sold the dash and side pocket moulds to edencraft ,im sure he would make them for you if you wanted them .
    300 yamaha,big weight for the power ,these motors are already superseeded in the usa.
    there are more pics on the 233 registry .com,cheers dave

Quote Originally Posted by OPTI View Post
    hi jim,i have a couple of pics ,i was going to have a hard top but the one i made just didnt look right on the boat ,so in frustration i went the t top route.
    Gee..... You don't do things by halves OPTI. Are you still importing the motors?

I really like the transom setup with the tank and the tackle boxes. In so many boats that area isn't used well for a fisherman. I despair when I look at those useless seats in my old HH.

Opti,

That is one of the best trailer boats that I have seen. That would have to be my perfect boat mate.

Very very envious mate!

Keep us updated,

Nick Stock

Quote Originally Posted by Jarrah Jack View Post
    Gee..... You don't do things by halves OPTI. Are you still importing the motors?

I really like the transom setup with the tank and the tackle boxes. In so many boats that area isn't used well for a fisherman. I despair when I look at those useless seats in my old HH.
    cheers boys ,yes still going to import motors ,10 grand cheaper.
    when the teak goes in i think it will finish it off really good.
    i put a tv dvd in the cabin ,for 300 bucks off kogan i thought il give it a go ,will be interesting to see if it survives the first seaway crossing

Perfect timing for the import as well with the dollar so strong! Boat looks amazing mate! Very jealous,as most people would be haha! Good work!

Beautiful work to be proud of...a one off masterpiece that is practical as well.

That new stainless labyrinth is a fabricators wet dream..any idea of the weight and is it 2 as well as 1 1/2 inch ? What covering goes over it or u gonna wear a hat and keep it how it is to show it off . Must weigh a ton.
    Agree the bow rail is looking a bit puny now by comparison and would look more aggressive upsized. You've already had the bowrail made up during the build tho yeah ? sheeesh.

I'd like to put in my request for a limited edition 1mX3m glossy poster for my garage wall...tx for posting the updates.

My trousers are now soiled in the front.

Quote Originally Posted by deckie View Post
    Beautiful work to be proud of...a one off masterpiece that is practical as well.

That new stainless labyrinth is a fabricators wet dream..any idea of the weight and is it 2 as well as 1 1/2 inch ? What covering goes over it or u gonna wear a hat and keep it how it is to show it off . Must weigh a ton.
    Agree the bow rail is looking a bit puny now by comparison and would look more aggressive upsized. You've already had the bowrail made up during the build tho yeah ? sheeesh.

I'd like to put in my request for a limited edition 1mX3m glossy poster for my garage wall...tx for posting the updates.

Top weighs 40 kg,its aluminium,the big tubes are 2 1/2 inch,im going to put a black sumbrella top on it similar to cruise craft .
    yes the bow rail is getting changed,from 32mm to 38mm,i carnt have it lookin whimpy now.lol

that very nice opti, i can see why the bow rails look small.

beautiful work

thanks

cheers

brett

was back at black marlin towers today to check on progress ,and make sure i was happy with everthing before its all welded up.
    new bow rail is made,just needs final welding,slide out made for t top.my reelax junior 600 fit perfectally ,we made the t top to suit them ,with the rigger at the same angle as the t top arch the poles are level with the transom [luv it when a plan comes together],im going to ask george at reelax if he can make me a custom set of 600 rigger bases with the maxi 60mm tube instead of the 44mm which is standard ,which will look much better next to my 60 mm t top tubes and also allow me to run the stiff 6.5 meter poles [tow big bait] etc.
    upgraded the hand rail to 38mm as well ,wave breaker is finished,dive door sheeted ,just needs welding and polishing ,the teak is underway and should look something like in the picture,slowly coming together.
    few more pics

small update ,finally got the boat back home yesterday ,im really happy with the work black marlin towers did on the stainless and anodised t top ,and arron and the boys from timber by design did an awesome job with the teak,so lots of things to do now,not sure where to start ,lots of things to fit now,il up date pics as she progresses.

Looks Good Dave, certainly going to be an eye catcher
    Garry

Retired Honda Master Tech