Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: my formula 233

Re: my formula 233

as i ended up with no more room in the rear compartments ,i ended up making a side pocket on the port side and mounted the fuel system there ,after the first 2 hours il ditch the merc filters and run the racor with water bowl,the efi filters are .5 micron ,i had one of these units on my dyno for 10 years and never changed the element,the primer bulbs are under the coming.the panel needs a hatch and then trimming,i replaced the breather lines with aeroquip and all the fuel lines with no joins as it should be.

Why did they bond the floor with divellete? Divellete isn't a glue its a core bedding compound, you trowl it down before installing end grain balsa or scarffed foam. The reason I asked about the screws is we install an infused foam pannel floor in a 58 ft boat and never use screws as it breaches the core on the underside of the laminate that is impossible to repair. When Im installing a foam composite laminate as a floor or sole I use a methacrilate like plexus or Weldon, put the plexus down then install the floor with weights on top untill it goes off then glass over. Even cool to use sika to bond flooor down, but Divellete?

yeah i think it was plexis now you mention it .it was as directed by nupol [brian stick]dont think the screw holes will be a problem

If Sticky was involved it would be done right. The only isuues we have had with composite panels have been when laminates are not tied together ie someone in engineering puts a bloody whole saw through the floor and doesn't glass the 2 skins together. Looks like a nice boat opti

hey OPTI . I think thats my 565 next to yours in the first pic. 2008 ?

now the main reason this project has taken 18 months so far [apart for the lack of funds]is ive made a new dash and side pocket so i can flush mount all my electronics and get the controlls in a good position,let me tell you making plugs and moulds is a painfull time consuming exercise .luckily ive been able to hire some very skilled help[julian ]ex edencraft employee on the weekends ,and without his help id wouldnt be this far.so its all at the helm at the moment should have it in with in a few weeks and then its just trim and the hard top.all the wiring is run ,4mm double insulated marine cable and 6mm double insulated marine cable,the battery cable used is 2 b and s and all conduted ,the batteries are going on the cabin floor ,3 *920 cca dry cell batteries have been selected for the job and a bep battery cluster for control with bep circuit breaker panel.more pics to come

Opti it looks very well fitted out, but surely your are not going to use that old Gal anchor ?? i am assuming a stainless one will take place on that bowsprit !!!

Quote Originally Posted by julian1 View Post
    Opti it looks very well fitted out, but surely your are not going to use that old Gal anchor ?? i am assuming a stainless one will take place on that bowsprit !!!
    yeah ,that was just an old 28lb i had lying around,proably go a polished manson supreme.

Quote Originally Posted by DAZMC1 View Post
    hey OPTI . I think thats my 565 next to yours in the first pic. 2008 ?
    na mate mines a 07,luv your boat ,definatly the best looking 565 ever made.
    pulled it out of the shed today [first time in 18 months ]took some pics after i washed the dust off.sat the hard top on but it didnt look right,[really pissed]so going with plan b which will be similar to a cruise craft set up,all the trim is going in this week[i hope]then off to black marlin for the rest of the stainless work.

thats one horny piece of boat.

please keep us updated.
    cheers

brett

Hi mate, any finished photos? Any reason you didn't go the pod version??

i wish it was finnished ,i started a project at home and the budget blew out by 60 grand so that ate up the boat money,so not much has happened .
    the dash is all finished and glassed in,friggin lot of work let me tell you,the esky in the bottom has 20mm foam insulation and should hold 2 cartons of coronas and lunch ,water proof glove box above.side compartment for filters.

the cabin is all trimed ,another 2 week job that took 2 months,but im happy how its turned out.the hatch isnt installed that covers the dunny.
    i went padded vinel all round in cream and coffee macro sweade with dual density foam cusions for comfort,i do intend to do a few weekend trips .
    led rope lighting will be fitted under the shelves,[its hanging in the photos] and led down lights for the roof.the hatch for dash access was a full weekend job by itself,middle door holds the bep circuit board and opens for dash access,i figure ive got a week in there to finish the wiring,im waiting for some cool weather,its been 45 in my shed lately.i had another hold up with the t top,black marlin will be doing it at the end of this month he tells me[he keeps putting me off cause people keep throwing large chunks of cash at him to build towers],anyway that where its at,il keep saving and hopefully the dollar will keep getting stronger.cheers dave

Quote Originally Posted by cammobull View Post
    Hi mate, any finished photos? Any reason you didn't go the pod version??
    long story ,and everyone has thier own opinion,but basically the pod upsets the balance of the boat,and i dont mean when its stationary,thats my opinion.

Its gunna be the meanest 233 to hit the ghetto that fulla.