Page 18 of 22 FirstFirst ... 8910111213141516171819202122 LastLast

Thread: my formula 233

Re: my formula 233

Hey Dave, Have you got any pics on that show how you rigged the teaser real to the riggers? Wanting to do the same on my new Boat.

sorry for the delay in pics ,had to wait till i was using the boat .
    ok first pic shows the ronstann rope eye i screwed to the end rod holders ,to keep the line parallel to the reel so it winds on easy,and stops it tangling of fouling on anything.
    the second pic is the dog clip with pully the line is virtually strait in line with the guide on the rod holder.
    the line just hooks to a spare saddle when not in use.
    a closer pic of the dog clip.i used dog clips as they are the easiest and cheapest to use ,instead of shackles etc.hope that helps.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hey Opti,

Love the boat

Are you running a teaser from the closest eye of your outrigger (in pics 2 and 4), or are you running a tag line? Is it on both sides?

Also what are you doing about halyard creep. I use to use a shark clip, but it use to chew up the halyard. Have a look at a hal-lock. Got a set of double hal-locks and they've been great.

tm

yes mate the teaser runs of the closect eye which is actually the eye bolt that joins the two halfs together.im running teasers off both sides[riggers ]as well as the long corner,the tag lines are for the lures
    i havnt had any creap yet ,only had 4 trips ,those locks look good ,thanks.

Thanks for posting Dave.

gave it a work out today ,works great ,the tiagra definately isnt over kill ,you need pretty strong drag and the low speed is perfect for effortless winding in .
    heres a few pics of the vessel view at trolling and 4 grand cruise,its showing speed and lph .
    and another of the rigger pulley in action.
    no marlin today but we did get some nice dollies around the 20 kg

I saw these and thought of you mate http://www.kpm-marine.com/seating.html

wow they look out thereim going for these

on these bases and slides ,should look pretty horn

Ahhh that's much more compact and the timber should suit your boat also

just an update for the 233 fans ,new seats still arnt finished should be 2 weeks but getting close .
    but ive come across a product that il share with you that has given me very pleasing results.
    in my never ending pursuit for the perfect handling boat ,i wasnt happy with the amount of spray coming over the bow on my 233 ,my rig is proably 500kg over weight which doesnt help the situation ,and its also an inherant flaw of a smooth riding hull design.so i decided it needed spray rails,same as the aluminuim boats add on ,just its hard to do on fiberglass ,anyway with the help of google i found smart rails .com in the usa,he makes 3 different types of rails that glue onto the hull,i went with the m1000 rails they are 9 ft long ,i took the punt on them as there was no drilling required and if they didnt work out i could remove them and the chine tape would cover the scar.
    i gave them a work out yesterday ,it was fairly flat early but i went out the seaway to the 36ne at 30knts without a drop on the screen,i was amazed,the other thing they really helped hold the bow up when trolling at 8 knts ,they give good lift,awesome in a following sea as well ,they say they cut spray by 85% and imop they do .so if your boat is getting you wet these are a good option ,and easy to fit etc.a couple of pics of the rails ,a couple of on water pics hooked up to a blue marlin [thanks murhys law crew],and just to prove i fish this girl hard ,a 150kg blue we dragged on board after it tail wrapped and died during the fight.

Opti
    Had a bit of a look over previous posts and couldn't see any info already, what outrigger bases are you running.
    Sorry if you've mentioned it earlier.
    Rod

they are reelax maxi 1000 cut down to 650mm

hey dave great to see you getting out chasing that hot bite of blues, is it the edencrafts that raise the fish or the optis??? they even like yammies LOL

not sure on that mate ,i didnt turn a reel on sunday lol
    you might want to consider these smart rails jim,although you have the hard top ,they have seriously made my boat one of the dryest boats i can remember being in.