Thread: 10-24kg live fibre

10-24kg live fibre

can anyone suggest how the wilson live fibres will compare betwwen the 10-24 kg 6'6" and the 15-24kg 7' rods just ordinary live fibres not the texallium .the intended use will be red emporers and nannygais in deep water .
    Stuie
    IF IT CAN'T EAT A WHOLE PILLY I DON'T WANT IT

Re: 10-24kg live fibre

Stuie, I have recently purchased a 15 - 24kg 7" for reds and nannies. I reckon it is well suited to the job. Have it matched with a Stella 20000. I would like to have a go at the Gary Howard G Force 15 - 24kg 7".

The wilson does get a bit heavy by the end of the night.

Cheers

Robbo

I can also recommend the Gary Howard Sabre 7' 15~24kg

Gday Stuie,

I have 2 of the 7' 15-24kg livefibres, nice and tippy, but under load the tip folds away quite quickly to leave the second stage of the rod as an awesome stick with heaps of grunt - just what you need to halt an angry Red hooked a couple of metres from the bottom and massage them away from the bricks.

Haven't used the 6'6", but certainly can recommend the 7 footers you asked of for the job you mentioned

i have matched them to both the Penn trq3000 with 80lb braid and improved tld25's with 80 & 100 lb braid on - both a good match, prefer the balance with the trq's but the tld's worked well on them as well

cheers

Rhys
    ><((((º>.¸.•'´¯)

Life is a mystery to be lived, not a problem to be solved, Gabriel Marcel

thanks Rhys that is the info I was looking for . I will be matching it with a saltist 50 lw
    Stuie

i agree with revs, i own 4 of em all with different reels, the wilson live fibre rods ( with the red bindings) is great for stopping the big fish, where the ones with the blue bindings are a lot more doughy.

Inside Out What Is The Difference Between The Red And Blue Coloured Bindings?

G'day Stuie,

The blue bindings beong to the earlier M10 blank, these built a good reputation but had issues under high load with the top section coming away - if you talk to rod repairers they will give you more detail. They were excellent rods, but many failed through high sticking.

The red bindings are on the ZWS70XJ which is the 15-24kg blanks I am talking about. They are a different blank to the M10

Cheers

Rhys
    ><((((º>.¸.•'´¯)

Life is a mystery to be lived, not a problem to be solved, Gabriel Marcel

thanks Rhys it makes sense now I will look for the red bindings then
    Stuie

Quote Originally Posted by revs57 View Post
    G'day Stuie,

The blue bindings beong to the earlier M10 blank, these built a good reputation but had issues under high load with the top section coming away - if you talk to rod repairers they will give you more detail. They were excellent rods, but many failed through high sticking.

The red bindings are on the ZWS70XJ which is the 15-24kg blanks I am talking about. They are a different blank to the M10

Cheers

Rhys
    Ya, what he said...

i fish the m10 live fibre and prefer it over the red binding live fibres but i mainly floatline and think it has better sensitivity and grunt down low.

Quote Originally Posted by revs57 View Post

Cheers

Rhys
    And to think I bought exactly this one you describe about 10 years ago because I wanted a good offshore rod ..... Just B4 I got the plastics bug and never caught a fish on it because its an overhead, not for threadlining in Moreton bay. I think its all about to change as I get offshore more often and use it for trolling........Or do you guys bottom bash more with them? It's only got a deepwater ( surecatch) 425 on it, see if I can break the reel and put a TLD on there as an upgrade.

Scalem

i mainly use mine for bottom bashing, coral trout , red emporer and the like...