Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Petty Theft. just annoying

Petty Theft. just annoying

Just finished a refit on my tinnie and after going for a fish yesterday I tucked her up in the carport last night with the intention of heading out again today. Got up early to find the shi*heads had been busy during the night.

Could have been a lot worse but the took a container out of the console containing all the bits and pieces, sunnies, head torches, sounder/GPS manuals, tool kit, MP3,etc. The also took ??? the cover and strap from my battery case.

Good start to a beautiful Sunday

Pete.

Re: Petty Theft. just annoying

Bloody Sh@#$eads

Yeah, same thing happened to us a little while ago, got everything ready the day before, including rods and tackle box, for an early start the next morning. They got everything, but insurance payed out in full.

How are you insurance wise?

Sorry to hear that Peter,nothing is safe anymore.I leave things in the car or just inside the back door to grab on the way out.I still worry I'll find a smashed car window.Lost a mower garden tools and the petrol can a while back,from under the verandah at the side of the house.....we live in the middle of an acre blockGot them back fortunately the cops picked him up later and he couldn't give an answer to how he got them.when they got my report next day theycouldn't believe it.We were at home at the time tho,they don't seem to give a rats if they get caught.
    Paulo

Pete,

Sorry to hear that mate, the animals.

Will have a look in the shed in the morning, there should be a battery cover and strap somewhere in there. Was it one for the larger size battery or smaller.

Take care and hope to catch up again soon.

Regards

Trev
    Fish for the future, enjoy the present but think of your children.

Quote Originally Posted by Pretzil View Post
    Yeah, same thing happened to us a little while ago, got everything ready the day before, including rods and tackle box, for an early start the next morning. They got everything, but insurance payed out in full.

How are you insurance wise?
    Yep have insurance but will need to do the sums, cost of replacement v excess.

Pete.

That would give me the $hits if I was keen for an early morning raid. Hope it all works out for you mate.

Thats lower than shark xxxx, the thieving generation, and to think that back in the seventies we never locked the house, left keys in the car ignition money on the dash and never lost a bloody cent.

Here's hoping you bag out on your next trip out

just a down right low act!!!

On the bright side, its upgrade time!!!!
    Fillet and Release Squad

Quote Originally Posted by Rowdy1 View Post
    Thats lower than shark xxxx, the thieving generation, and to think that back in the seventies we never locked the house, left keys in the car ignition money on the dash and never lost a bloody cent.

Yeah I hear ya. I now lock the house when in the shed and lock the shed when going in for lunch. Used to leave the headlights on - no worries someone would reach in the window and turn em off outside the pub. Tools in a box , no worries as long as the lid was down. I guess back then they knew what would happen if I caught them as now I will just call teh police as I have too much to loose from some smart thief's lawyer

For the little crap they steal they must get bugger all money but it really screws the owner day and wallet.

No such thing as petty theft . Theft is theft Little theft just makes them confident to go large.

I have a camera set up and it emails me when anyone comes towards the front door. Never new there was so many sus people wandering around and coming onto your property. Some are water and power but other door knockers seem to have no purpose.

sorry to hear pete the mongrels are every where i hate even leaving my boat at the ramp to get the car as i have heard of them pinching stuff then going off in there own boat before you get back to the boat and notice anything missing i hope they do it once to often and get the fingers caught in a vice somehow you work hard for what you buy and these a/holes just help themselves because they are to lazy to work to get money

shane

Quote Originally Posted by Rowdy1 View Post

Thanks for all the replies guys. Back in the Seventies we used to be able to dish out our own punishment too, those days are gone, mores the pity

Pete.

AH! remember the days you could go to toilet and leave ya money on the bar at the pub.
    ttone

Matter of fact i do... we all used to leave cash on the bar and the bar staff would know who's shout it was and sort through the schrapnel.

damn... starting to sound like my grandpa ...when i were a lad ...

Quote Originally Posted by Pete62 View Post
    Thanks for all the replies guys. Back in the Seventies we used to be able to dish out our own punishment too, those days are gone, mores the pity

Pete.

The good think was the punishment fitted the crime and guess what the fear of it meant less crime. Still got bloke I know that is banned from the pub 40 years ago.

Now the odds of getting caught , witnesses actually taking action or making a statement makes it 99% of getting away with it. Oh and if you do get caught the penalty is pathetic.