Thread: new species and PB's again

new species and PB's again

had another awesome day out today found some clean water when there was not much around.

2 tuskies 12kg's
    2 kings 15kg's
    2 AJ's
    1 job fish
    1 cod
    2 parrot

also some missed shots on some large wahoo cobia trevally 'big' dew snapper
    crazy day with lots of action
    plenty of shark action as well

Last edited by kokomo; 13-09-2009 at 11:40 PM. Reason: to add content

Re: new species and PB's again

CLICK ON THIS ITS A VIDEO

Thumbs up Re: new species and PB's again

Mate that is insane deep.

that was 21m's

we were diving 25-30 when we were chasing the jobfish

first jobfish

big rat!

A wahoo would have looked great with that collection. Personally I think the tuskers are a great eating fish. Only wish we got the vis that you guys get down there. Well done mate - insanely jealous.

That 's is some great diving action . Great tuskies always great to see your reports and dream about being able to dive half that depth
    JT
    VHF CHANNEL 21
    CALL SIGN : JT OR SC552(social club member)

There is a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot

I wonder how much deeper the ocean would be without sponges

Up here we Use Hussar as baits for real RED FISHS (SHSIIFDER)

FMD kokomo, those tuskies are awesome!
    Keep up the fantastic work man, your posts are always especially enjoyable!
    Cheers.

the first tuskie shot by my buddie in 24m's. he did a solid run and got wrapped around a bommie.. scott returned to the surface and i dropped to help him out.

saw another tuskie that i stoned with no problems, as i started to kick up i noticed some bronzies circling..

returned to the surface to say scotty you better hurry up and get him free..

I cleared my fish and scott / lucas still had not got his fish free..

after each dive to 24m's you need atleast 3-4mins of recovery before you can go again so there is lost of waiting not knowing whats going on in the murky water below.

20min's of the 3 of us diving 24m's poking bronzies and nurses with spears and just pushing them by hand to keep them clear of the fish, and with the remaining 10 secs of bottom time trying to free the gun and fish that had holed up big time!

i was almost 100% sure the fish would be lost as the sharks were circling tight.. but by some stoke luck we eventually got the gun and fish clear and to the surface.. just as we started to celebrate a grey nurse came straight up from the bottom at mac 10 obviously regretting not taking the fish when he had the chance.. a gentle poke of the spear gun and he returned to the depths!
    Last edited by kokomo; 15-09-2009 at 09:43 AM. Reason: spelling

Ah the men in grey suits are always a joy. Last decent size tusker I shot was out in the open and it turned on itself onto the sand and still bent my shaft up near the tip. Amazingly strong.