Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: I need a new barra baitcaster

I need a new barra baitcaster

All of my previous purchases have been out in the open therefore dollars spent have been limited. The little Pflueger Echelon has performed admirably landing my pb of $1.03 but I am not going to take that risk again.
    The plan is to hopefully do 4 trips a year to the "Wonderful Land of Mond" so I deserve a decent reel to do battle with those awesome silver beasties.
    I have been slowly accumulating some black money and it is time to blow it in preparation for the Muster.
    So what am I going to get for $350 - $400 ??
    Not to get technical...... but according to Chemistry, ALCOHOL IS A SOLUTION

Re: I need a new barra baitcaster

I am pretty happy with the curado

Most of my Money is spent on Booze and Fishin.
    The Rest is just Wasted!
    To The Shed.............

Tough Question!

I doubt you would be dissapointed with a Curado. I love mine.

Yeah another vote for the Curado here - mines been great

I have a pre loved CVZ jdm ya can have Dave
    That coin will get you a good reel, low profile or barrel?
    The zills are nice, but I prefer my chronarch in all honesty.

Quote Originally Posted by BR65 View Post
    I have a pre loved CVZ jdm ya can have Dave
    That coin will get you a good reel, low profile or barrel?
    The zills are nice, but I prefer my chronarch in all honesty.
    Definately low profile. I don't think this desk jockey's wrist could cope with a death of a thousand casts using a barrel reel.
    I have read that the Daiwas can suffer from a bit of drag stutter. Have you noticed any problems with the chronarch ?

Chronarch for me....love my chronarch SF- smoothest drag straight out of the box (compared to my 4 daiwas that have been upgraded)

then zillion...just the basic model will do ya

then the TD advantage HSTA supertuned x 3 (the cheapest, but best value for $$)

New curados looks sweet too.

there...that ought to clear it up for you Dave!!!!!!

cheers Steve

Aside from the drag stutter that can plague the Zillions ( replace the drag washers with Erskine's) ..... They are a nice robust reel
    now that the $ is up ...... you will save $150-170 on some Ebay sites.

Chris
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO

Quote Originally Posted by NAGG View Post
    Aside from the drag stutter that can plague the Zillions ( replace the drag washers with Erskine's) ..... They are a nice robust reel
    now that the $ is up ...... you will save $150-170 on some Ebay sites.

Chris
    Chris, I honestly couldnt see a decent improvement in my drags since upgrading....I dont know why....I had a semi professional check my work...all good. I am sending 1 reel away to be truely professionally serviced....on its return I will compare then....again.

Cheers Steve

The old model gold Chronarh 100SF is still my favorite reel of all time....lost one at mondy in ABT bass (long story) and managed to find a brand newy on another site for $200 recently.....the memories return!! love it!!

Quote Originally Posted by Steve B View Post
    Chronarch for me....love my chronarch SF- smoothest drag straight out of the box (compared to my 4 daiwas that have been upgraded)

then zillion...just the basic model will do ya

then the TD advantage HSTA supertuned x 3 (the cheapest, but best value for $$)

New curados looks sweet too.

there...that ought to clear it up for you Dave!!!!!!

cheers Steve
    Thanks Steve. About as clear as tying an albright by the light of your moon.

no drag issues with the zill Dave, but it has been up-graded.
    The chronrach just feels noicer in the hand, its a bit dinged up now, but its become a favourite.
    Im going to pull out the revo, give it a service and braid up-grade and see how that goes next trip. Trev was waving around a blinged up one that has inspired me a little.

Quote Originally Posted by BR65 View Post
    no drag issues with the zill Dave, but it has been up-graded.
    The chronrach just feels noicer in the hand, its a bit dinged up now, but its become a favourite.
    Im going to pull out the revo, give it a service and braid up-grade and see how that goes next trip. Trev was waving around a blinged up one that has inspired me a little.
    Speaking of Blinged up Revos ........ Trev was lucky to go home with it I picked it up & had a few casts ........ & used it for the next couple of hours Sweeeet
    Teach him how to fish
    TEAM MOJIKO

Quote Originally Posted by NAGG View Post
    Speaking of Blinged up Revos ........ Trev was lucky to go home with it I picked it up & had a few casts ........ & used it for the next couple of hours Sweeeet
    you were lucky to get home with the HLC too mate!!!....had my eye on it too....that and Big Ren's morethan brazino or what ever they are called...he was lucky that didnt get left behind in Gin Gin....accidently of course

Quote Originally Posted by Steve B View Post
    you were lucky to get home with the HLC too mate!!!....had my eye on it too....that and Big Ren's morethan brazino or what ever they are called...he was lucky that didnt get left behind in Gin Gin....accidently of course
    Dont worry ....... The boys ended up with the HLC - I only rescued it from Gazz this arvo
    Teach him how to fish
    TEAM MOJIKO