Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Winter Mondy Moments

Re: Winter Mondy Moments

Quote Originally Posted by Callop View Post
    Great to hear everyone had a good time as I knew you would. Nothing as quite good as fishing by day and the fire with good company by night.
    Hey Nagg, have you gone off the twisties?
    Dave,

I didn't see him with a twisted leader all weekend or a packet of twisties for that matter, although i did see him munching down on a packet of jelly babies and a number of cartons of dry almost fell into the fire a couple of times, he ended up hitting the sack before he did Then he kept us all amused with the vast array of sounds comming from the tent , we believe he cut enough wood to see Tassie through the winter

Cheers,
    John.

Quote Originally Posted by Obi _ Wan View Post
    Dave,

I didn't see him with a twisted leader all weekend or a packet of twisties for that matter, although i did see him munching down on a packet of jelly babies and a number of cartons of dry almost fell into the fire a couple of times, he ended up hitting the sack before he did Then he kept us all amused with the vast array of sounds comming from the tent , we believe he cut enough wood to see Tassie through the winter

Cheers,
    John.
    Oh .... those twisties
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO

Quote Originally Posted by Callop View Post
    Great to hear everyone had a good time as I knew you would. Nothing as quite good as fishing by day and the fire with good company by night.
    Hey Nagg, have you gone off the twisties?
    After seeing MW get many more enquiries back in March .... I dropped the twisties & reversed my fortunes ........ but that was with placcies

since I was fishing HBs ..... I used 60lb black magic mono - Till I got chewed off

Chris
    Teach him how to fish
    TEAM MOJIKO

Quote Originally Posted by NAGG View Post
    Oh .... those twisties
    good to see the back court knows whats going on.
    Not to get technical...... but according to Chemistry, ALCOHOL IS A SOLUTION

Yes .... twitch twitch pause - All fish hit on the first pause. ( two fish came on bends)
    As for a trigger ........ during luncheon rendezvous I noticed that the wind swung to the north east ...... Which made me think of the second entrance into D - By the time we put the leccy down ...... The wind dropped to virtually nothing & according to foxie there was a spike in the barometer mid afternoon! - The sky was clear & it became hot ( water temps got up to 21.5) ........ After the first hook up ... as we moved further in ,There was bait on the surface & the odd fish swirl ....... The water was glassed out. ( you could smell barra)
    The other sessions ..... we had a cooler breeze which was variable but was blowing warmer water out of the creek & onto the opposite bank ( Trev had his hook up there).
    The last session .... prior to Trevs hook up - we spooked 3 big fish on the edge of the deeper water - From my observation Trev , John & I were mostly casting into the shallower water ......... IMO had we placed more casts into the creek edge trees - we might have got some action ... unfortunately - we will never know !

Chris
    What a crock of shite, we all sta in the bay at Jacks and we all said so where we all going and everyone answered you know where so hows that for science???

I love it, top effort mate I was so glad you got them regardless of us missing out I was happy to know that someone in our group nailed them.....

Nath

Quote Originally Posted by Tropicaltrout View Post
    What a crock of shite, we all sta in the bay at Jacks and we all said so where we all going and everyone answered you know where so hows that for science???

I love it, top effort mate I was so glad you got them regardless of us missing out I was happy to know that someone in our group nailed them.....

Nath
    Great minds hey ........ but I thought of it first

Would have been good to see everyone get into em though . I sought of feel guilty -

NOT!!!!
    Teach him how to fish
    TEAM MOJIKO

Boys,
    These bloody reports are enough to give a bloke IBD!!!
    When is the next trip??
    Seriously Nagg thats a beauty, love the pic.
    Finally we get to see a pic with Paul and a barra!!!
    Nice work
    Cheers
    Ben

Quote Originally Posted by eotbmg View Post
    Boys,
    When is the next trip??
    Nice work
    Cheers
    Ben
    Settle down Benny...we were going neck and neck on PBs for a while until I let you loose on my boat....I just decided to stop and smell the roses Lucky I can net well.

You missed a top weekend mate.

Cheers
    Paul
    Ranger 188VX - "Sweet Chariot"

Boys,
    When is the next trip??
    Nice work
    Cheers
    Ben
    Ben .... If you start to get that IBD twitch ... there is a solution / cure & it involves around a 4.5 hour drive north of Brisbane

Chris
    Teach him how to fish
    TEAM MOJIKO

Another great report Nagg, congratulations on a great fish. Amazing how those xraps keep catching big fish. I've noticed that quite a few of them hang tail down, particularly after catching a few fish, I think they develop a small leak and get a bit of water in them. Great fish, scott.

Ben .... If you start to get that IBD twitch ... there is a solution / cure & it involves around a 4.5 hour drive north of Brisbane

Chris
    Thanks Chris
    I am resonably sure i remember the way up there.
    Hopefully Paul is driving next time we go though!!!!
    Looking at going September or October,
    May see you there
    Ben

Quote Originally Posted by vet View Post
    Another great report Nagg, congratulations on a great fish. Amazing how those xraps keep catching big fish. I've noticed that quite a few of them hang tail down, particularly after catching a few fish, I think they develop a small leak and get a bit of water in them. Great fish, scott.
    Thanks Scott ...... very happy with that one !!!!

Those X raps often hang bum down ..... straight out of the box

Good lure though

Chris
    Teach him how to fish
    TEAM MOJIKO

Thanks Chris
    May see you there
    Ben
    The Muster is a good option and none of that girly "gotta go, we have to check in to the motel in Gin Gin" stuff will be tolerated. HTFU you bunch of princesses and camp with the rest of us
    Dave
    Not to get technical...... but according to Chemistry, ALCOHOL IS A SOLUTION

Thanks Chris
    May see you there
    Ben
    Hey Ben good to see you on the site again, now you do know what is happening in September don't you??...........small group of like minded p*ssheads all meeting at a particular camp kitchen 4.5 hours north of Brisbane

Pete.

Thanks Chris
    May see you there
    Ben
    September to far mate, htfu, pack the uggs and beanie, get up there.
    A donut in winter is dulled by the taste of a camp oven roast brother