Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Winter Mondy Moments

Re: Winter Mondy Moments

Hi Chris,

Well done mate sounds like a awsome trip. As always great atomosphere with a top bunch blokes. Next time u guys are up will havta make an effort to get in the car put the boat on and come down for a fish.

well done again

Cheers lachy

Congratulations to all of you for braving the elements.

The fact that you caught some great fish is just outstanding.

Frank OO

Chris,

Another absolute stonker notched on the belt buckle.....You are filling the holes on the brag mat from 100cm onwards...The girth on those fish are unbelieveable...

Hey I will call you very very soon, to arrange a few things

Cheers and congrats again
    Matt

chris, what can i say , ive looked at that fish a few times today and yep its a great fish.. ..and to get two that arvo .. and we saw the one one you dropped come out a few times also bad luck on that one as she was close to being in the boat..was a top day on the water...we fished alot of new areas, and will fish them again even though we didnt connect they just look sooo fishy.....enjoyed every second of the weekend was great to catch up with everyone..will see you all at sommersalt..
    deano..
    God put me on earth to accomplish
    a certain number of things,
    right now i am so far behind
    i will never die.

Quote Originally Posted by DEANO68 View Post
    chris, what can i say , ive looked at that fish a few times today and yep its a great fish.. ..and to get two that arvo .. and we saw the one one you dropped come out a few times also bad luck on that one as she was close to being in the boat..was a top day on the water...we fished alot of new areas, and will fish them again even though we didnt connect they just look sooo fishy.....enjoyed every second of the weekend was great to catch up with everyone..will see you all at sommersalt..
    deano..
    You probably heard the cursing when I dropped the first one ....... not happy as the fish was deeply hooked . I would have felt happier getting the lure out of her.
    Some good looking country alright ...... time to start thinking about the next adventure

Chris
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO

Chris
    Hats off to you, thats a great result to what has obviously been a well thought out trip, where a lot of effort and thought has been done a long time before a lure is cast. You took the time and effort to tune your lures etc as you did then you deserve the reward. My god what a fat f...ker of a fish that is, Im very envious.

Birko

Quote Originally Posted by birko View Post
    Chris
    Hats off to you, thats a great result to what has obviously been a well thought out trip, where a lot of effort and thought has been done a long time before a lure is cast. You took the time and effort to tune your lures etc as you did then you deserve the reward. My god what a fat f...ker of a fish that is, Im very envious.

Birko
    Thanks Birko

Yeh ... a bit of thought went into the trip - but its all pretty new to me , so I had little to go off . Landing those fish certainly wet the appertite for more

Chris
    Teach him how to fish
    TEAM MOJIKO

twitch twitch pause brother...........

Big fish mate, well done in that country. Any thoughts on the trigger? Maybe warmest part of the day, but didnt happen on Saturday. I know John said the bay felt differant, but why, wind direction? We found good fish on the sounder in the Skeet, but no response.
    Did we talk about this on sat nite, cant remember?

When are we going again??

Thanks for the invite again Captain Nagg it was a bloody great weekend

The fish you got was a bloody ripper mate, great to be a part of it, congrats
    Although i think i heard you gasp when i pulled the net away the first time she came within range, better to do that than get the trebble caught in the net, the second time was just right, a good angle and momentum, she just glided into the net and i had to ask for help to lift her into the boat, a bloody good fish mate

Looks like i can only take photo's these days, fish wise, it looks like i could not win a raffle, even if i bought all the tickets next trip will be different, i hope

Thanks again Captain and thanks for the company to all the other guys that made the weekend such a BRILLIANT WEEKEND

Cheers,
    John.

John, remember my advice mate, if he catchs to many fish, just pull out the braid scissors and cut him off, easy as!

Quote Originally Posted by BR65 View Post

Big fish mate, well done in that country. Any thoughts on the trigger? Maybe warmest part of the day, but didnt happen on Saturday. I know John said the bay felt differant, but why, wind direction? We found good fish on the sounder in the Skeet, but no response.

Hey Brother,

Yeah mate i did say that, and yes it was different, i am still trying to sort out just what it was. On Sunday it was different again, a chilly breeze was up and rippling the water, whether that was why it was off on Sunday, who knows? although Trev hooked a good fish close to the boat.

Might be a good idea to carry a small recorder to get all the details through the day as you forget some of the happenings after a few beers?

When are we going again??? What's the time Brian???

Cheers,
    John.

Yes .... twitch twitch pause - All fish hit on the first pause. ( two fish came on bends)
    As for a trigger ........ during luncheon rendezvous I noticed that the wind swung to the north east ...... Which made me think of the second entrance into D - By the time we put the leccy down ...... The wind dropped to virtually nothing & according to foxie there was a spike in the barometer mid afternoon! - The sky was clear & it became hot ( water temps got up to 21.5) ........ After the first hook up ... as we moved further in ,There was bait on the surface & the odd fish swirl ....... The water was glassed out. ( you could smell barra)
    The other sessions ..... we had a cooler breeze which was variable but was blowing warmer water out of the creek & onto the opposite bank ( Trev had his hook up there).
    The last session .... prior to Trevs hook up - we spooked 3 big fish on the edge of the deeper water - From my observation Trev , John & I were mostly casting into the shallower water ......... IMO had we placed more casts into the creek edge trees - we might have got some action ... unfortunately - we will never know !

Chris
    Teach him how to fish
    TEAM MOJIKO

John, remember my advice mate, if he catchs to many fish, just pull out the braid scissors and cut him off, easy as!
    Go easy better hide my braid scissors
    Teach him how to fish
    TEAM MOJIKO

Great to hear everyone had a good time as I knew you would. Nothing as quite good as fishing by day and the fire with good company by night.
    Hey Nagg, have you gone off the twisties?
    Not to get technical...... but according to Chemistry, ALCOHOL IS A SOLUTION

[quote=Callop;1032656]Great to hear everyone had a good time as I knew you would. Nothing as quite good as fishing by day and the fire with good company by night.
    Hey Nagg, have you gone off the twisties?[/quote]

What makes you say that Dave ..... though , I probably should after how much I drank
    Teach him how to fish
    TEAM MOJIKO