Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Winter Mondy Moments

Smile Re: Winter Mondy Moments

Thanks for the report Chris'
    Nice $1:21 there
    Spending a week up there real soon and have a few Barra virgins tagging along....... so with a bit of luck they will get broken in

Cheers Les

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."

Re: Winter Mondy Moments

Quote Originally Posted by McCod View Post
    Thanks for the report Chris'
    Nice $1:21 there
    Spending a week up there real soon and have a few Barra virgins tagging along....... so with a bit of luck they will get broken in

Cheers Les
    Hi Les

Thanks mate

i'm sure you'll get those virgins converted to tarts

Chris
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO

Hey Chris- just saw your pic of the Xrap. That is exactly the same as the one I got monstered on in April up in North B.

It was the last cast of the trip and I was just doing a slow roll back to the boat when I got one of the biggest hits I have ever experienced. We got a look at her before she busted me off on some underwater timber and we thought 120cm was a conservative guess.

When she jumped Brian, Nath and Deano heard the splash some 200m away!

The Xraps have a great wobbling action on the slow retrieve and a very slow sink rate when you add owner hooks....but they do come apart quite easily. This was done by a 97cm fish in 2007 (see pic).

Pete

Quote Originally Posted by Peter4 View Post
    Hey Chris- just saw your pic of the Xrap. That is exactly the same as the one I got monstered on in April up in North B.

It was the last cast of the trip and I was just doing a slow roll back to the boat when I got one of the biggest hits I have ever experienced. We got a look at her before she busted me off on some underwater timber and we thought 120cm was a conservative guess.

When she jumped Brian, Nath and Deano heard the splash some 200m away!

The Xraps have a great wobbling action on the slow retrieve and a very slow sink rate when you add owner hooks....but they do come apart quite easily. This was done by a 97cm fish in 2007 (see pic).

Pete
    So Pete ....... Will you trade a X Rap for a 120 barra I would ...... they are just not designed to handle our lure destroying barra - but like you said .... a great action!

As you can see by my photo ..... I had to add lead tape to get it to suspend ( even with owners)

chris
    Teach him how to fish
    TEAM MOJIKO

OK I will ask, so why do some Xraps become slow sinking with the upgrades (mine do) and others need sticky weights to make them suspend. Were they different size lures??

BTW I have been playing with the weight dots to get neutral bouyancy on different lures.

Pete.

Pete, my x-raps suspend with Owners and double splits, no lead needed

Quote Originally Posted by Pete62 View Post
    OK I will ask, so why do some Xraps become slow sinking with the upgrades (mine do) and others need sticky weights to make them suspend. Were they different size lures??

BTW I have been playing with the weight dots to get neutral bouyancy on different lures.

Pete.
    Quality control ..... or lack there of

Mine were the X Rap 12

They nearly always suspend ass down ........ so a bit of lead behind the bib can help

Chris
    Teach him how to fish
    TEAM MOJIKO

Quote Originally Posted by NAGG View Post
    Quality control ..... or lack there of

Mine were the X Rap 12

They nearly always suspend ass down ........ so a bit of lead behind the bib can help

Chris

Mmm figured as much, thanks.

Pete.

Quote Originally Posted by BR65 View Post
    Pete, my x-raps suspend with Owners and double splits, no lead needed
    Right, I am bringing my Barra tackle box to Somerset and u blokes are holding a Muster prepareadness session around the rum bottle, got it??

God knows I need all the help I can get.

Pete.

Nice fish Chris...as I said to you, I reckon its the biggest fish landed this year that I have seen photos of., and as usual a top story to go with it. It was good to catch up with all the guys again.

On the Xrap thing, Pete 4 beat me to it....he had one demolished last year. I had one do the same thing similar....just tuck the ass back in and glue it up....works a treat!!!....but I am a tight arse too!!!

cheers Steve

!!!....but I am a tight arse too!!!

Steve i don't know about that mate remember we have all seen kimmies avatar lol

shane

Quote Originally Posted by NAGG View Post
    So Pete ....... Will you trade a X Rap for a 120 barra I would
    Absolutely - Monduran has now claimed three Xraps from me. One lost to a monster in April, the busted up one (which Tackle Warehouse happily replaced) and another lost to a deep snag in South B last year....

Besides a 120cm barra would be a new PB for me!

On the plus side Xraps have caught Kyle & I six or more barra and we still have 5 or 6 of 'em in the tackle box.........

Bloody good lures - just not tough enough for barra.

A couple of beaut fish Chris. I could not wait to see the pics after hearing about them on Sunday with ya. Thanks for coming out on the Chariot mate....anytime seriously. We try to have a lot of fun but are serious about getting results too. We had a ball, and also with Steve on Saturday. Gaz has your outfit at his place so will arrange to do the transfer.

Apart from witnessing a big mumma free jump as we approached a little bay on Sunday, the only action we saw was a pair of little 66s within 30 minutes of each other......a nice little bay that had a bit of depth at its entrance....the theory being the fish might mooch around in the deeper water until the sun warmed the surface some more.....

Although the fish weren't at the entrance, I liked Gaz's theory.

Hope everyone got home safe and sound.

Cheers
    Paul
    Ranger 188VX - "Sweet Chariot"

Quote Originally Posted by Steve B View Post
    Nice fish Chris...as I said to you, I reckon its the biggest fish landed this year that I have seen photos of., and as usual a top story to go with it. It was good to catch up with all the guys again.

On the Xrap thing, Pete 4 beat me to it....he had one demolished last year. I had one do the same thing similar....just tuck the ass back in and glue it up....works a treat!!!....but I am a tight arse too!!!

cheers Steve

Hi Steve

Yes mate its a big fish alright ,....... very happy with that one
    I will say though , the 123 I got back in March was not only longer ......... There was a fair weight difference ( I couldn't lift the 123)

Here are the mat shots of the two

Chris

Attachment 47869 & Attachment 47870
    Teach him how to fish
    TEAM MOJIKO

Quote Originally Posted by Big_Ren View Post
    A couple of beaut fish Chris. I could not wait to see the pics after hearing about them on Sunday with ya. Thanks for coming out on the Chariot mate....anytime seriously. We try to have a lot of fun but are serious about getting results too. We had a ball, and also with Steve on Saturday. Gaz has your outfit at his place so will arrange to do the transfer.

Apart from witnessing a big mumma free jump as we approached a little bay on Sunday, the only action we saw was a pair of little 66s within 30 minutes of each other......a nice little bay that had a bit of depth at its entrance....the theory being the fish might mooch around in the deeper water until the sun warmed the surface some more.....

Although the fish weren't at the entrance, I liked Gaz's theory.

Hope everyone got home safe and sound.

Cheers
    Paul
    Hey Paul ........ I forgot about that big fish that scarpered from the tree tops at the edge of that bay ....... It jumped like a grey hound ( just goes to show that you should always leccy in from well off the bay & cast to those spindly tree tops)

Certainly was fun fishing with you guys ...... & great to see that you got off a lean trot! - how black were those fish

Anyway ... thanks for the run

Chris
    Teach him how to fish
    TEAM MOJIKO