Thread: Hamon Cove Lake Wivenhoe Idiot

Hamon Cove Lake Wivenhoe Idiot

Pam and I went for a look at Hamon Cove on Sunday with the intention of going up to the cliffs and looking for some yella's. On arrival at about 11.30 there was only one other car at the ramp. As we headed out into the big water, I noticed a boat coming across the lake fairly quickly. Too quickly for electric power! As he got closer I noticed that his bow mount wasn't even deployed. Hamon Cove has only been open for a week, and this guy was powering across the lake in full view of all the houses. He didn't bother to slow down as he passed me, but slowed when he got in sight of the ramp and deployed the bow mount. I did hear that he had been reported, and Ranger Terry was able to meet him at the ramp for a chat.

If this is your boat, please consider the consequences of your actions. We've just got Hamon Cove back and we're working on other access points, and SEQWater are listening to us. It won't take many like you to ruin it for all of us!!

Re: Hamon Cove Lake Wivenhoe Idiot

Unbelievable Dale.....He looks like an older bloke and SHOULD know better......Hopefully the Ranger has educated him...Cheers Whitto
    Good Mates....Good Food.....Good Fishing....Priceless

Dale,
    I think you may know who it is!
    Unless the boat has changed hands but looking at the person driving it woud appear that it hasn't.

Bad_Bazza

Quote Originally Posted by Bad_Bazza View Post
    Dale,
    I think you may know who it is!
    Unless the boat has changed hands but looking at the person driving it woud appear that it hasn't.

Bad_Bazza
    I didn't at the time, but I've since learned who it was. He should have known better.

No excuses unless there was a medical emergency onboard.

I would hate to see a requirement to remove outboards come into force

Luc

Angry Re: Hamon Cove Lake Wivenhoe Idiot

Yes it really is a pain removing outboards even on small boats especially if Wyvenhoe is only one stop on a trip. As stated it is comforting to have the real deal on the back in case there is a need. I have had to be towed back after an electric failure and was glad someone happened along with a real outboard they could drop in.

Other wise why bugger things up for everyone.

It just goes to support my belief that the world would be a much better place with a few strategically placed snipers around to take out the idiots.

Most of my Money is spent on Booze and Fishin.
    The Rest is just Wasted!
    To The Shed.............

it only takes one idiot to ruin it all for everyone.

yes we have these nobheads everywhere ,out at lenthalls a few weeks ago and had the same thing and he new better too just a wa....r some other fella got some good pics of him too and put them in, we dont need these people stuffing all the hard work put in from the stocking groups and other clubs.ban them for good from the dam problem solved.