Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: To All Concerned

Re: To All Concerned

Quote Originally Posted by finga View Post
    Gidday Chris...I may have come across wrong.

I was making a broad statement on many issues across most of the different sections here.
    Just one of them was the bream comp guys or the etec argument or the famous NTH QLD chop that was in the boating section...the list goes on.

This thread is the mole hill that has turned into a mountain...not the issue.
    I can see both sides of the coin about the picture in question and believe each side has it's merits.

Sorry about the confusion.
    No worries ...... there are always going to be topics that stir people up - Sometimes for the right reason , sometime for the wrong.

I took offence to a couple of the comments made toward BR65 ..... I know the bloke & know he is not one for cheap point scoring (he is quite the opposite) nor is he just a keyboard critic ...... He ( like me) have a thing about chopped photos or fantasy writings in the fishing media ...... & regardless who the person was (fishing personality or not) - there would have been the same response....
    Finally on this whole issue - I am surprised that the bloke that made this error in judgement & caused all the fuss ..... Has not manned up & made a public apology for the harm / embarrassment that he caused ...... instead of just letting all the heat fall on his supposed mate.

Chris
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO

Ain't it grand to see the Ausfish "clique" very alive and well???
    Seems the "clique" can name call and be derogatory, but for us mere mortals.........oh no, we'd get a warning or a post modification.
    Typical.

what a classic.

this thread starts off with Webbys apology and soon escalates into a bar room brawl (gotta love public forums). reminds me of the old pub fights in the movies, one punch is thrown and before you know it your giving an upper cut to your best mate.

let's all stop the opinions, grow up, hug a tree (or fish) and get on with life for christs sake.

it's done, it's dusted and a good man has resigned from his position over it - price paid.

now let's talk about fishing.

Matt
    c'mon, take the bait....

I see both sides to this, Webby has been hung out to dry because a 'mate' did a really stupid thing, & he should have known better.

Webby has apologised & taken the steps he has for his own reasons, for which he deserves a huge helping of credit.

Some have made negative comments, their perogative, & Webbies supporters have got their noses out of joint & been very defensive..
    Had this been some other publication, not B&B which appears to be the Ausfish bible, & some other journalist with no affiliation with Ausfish & a lot of it's members, i doubt all those that are so defensive would have been so forthcoming in their comments, I actually think a lot would have been on the other side in denigrating the person for publishing & appearing to take credit for someone elses fish or photo, it's just human nature to defend friends..
    all should be allowed an opinion, but should keep the personal attacks out of it, as mistakes happen.

Webby did absolutely nothing wrong & is the one who will be most affected..i doubt he is enjoying all the crap flying around in this thread.

few of you blokes are pretty quick to slam anyone who has a differing point of view

i remember in the early days of ausfish some pic's posted by webby and questions about photo shop being raised, cannot find the link maybe one of the mod's has access?? some of the older members must remember this

why raise this? it might add some ballance to the argument.

i have no axe to grind with webby, don't even know the bloke, good on him for his public admission.
    remember 3 sides to every story, your side, my side and the truth
    cheers
    dazza

Hey Dazza

I've commented on the main issue but having just read your comment Dazza I must add the point that there are infact 4 sides or aspects.

The 4th is the one that people working to get "space" in print or the electronic media work at most and from my own experience in the past producing releases one has to walk the "line" carefully.

I refer to "The need to not let truth get in the way or interfer with the selling of the story"

Perhaps some aspect of this may have also applied in this case?

Having a nice day, you too?

Cheers
    Chimo
    What could go wrong.......................