Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: To All Concerned

Re: To All Concerned

Well I put the last thread up for all to see I belive everyone has a point of veiw and personally I could not give a rats bum about webby or anyone one else for that matter.

BUT at the end of the day a mistake was made he has acted as HE sees fit and that's that. I am glad he gave his side of the story and I hope that from this we never see this type of stupidity on anyones behalf in any picture or publication again cause it's only a bloody fish!!!! who caught it is pie in the sky.

Nath

What the hell are you " Predators " going on about ! it was a simple mistake ! Who does it hurt ! Its just a PICTURE of a fish for xxxx sake This is the reason why alot of the old Ausfish crew dont post on here much, to worried about being judged by some self opinionated little weed that thinks he is going to make a big man of himself, and god forbid that he might do something wrong in his perfect world I will stand by Webby with whatever he does, as he is and will always be a mate of mine thru thick or thin and all the wankers that enjoy kicking a top fisho for some thing like this can go to hell for all i care. Remember as Greg and Mono said its not a murder or a bank robbery its just a PHOTO ! Can i make it any clearer ! Well done to all the people who have come out to stand behind a true mate .

CHEERS RAY PS Webby it will be their loss mate.

Well said Ray...

Quote Originally Posted by rakinray View Post
    What the hell are you " Predators " going on about ! it was a simple mistake ! Who does it hurt ! Its just a PICTURE of a fish for xxxx sake This is the reason why alot of the old Ausfish crew dont post on here much, to worried about being judged by some self opinionated little weed that thinks he is going to make a big man of himself, and god forbid that he might do something wrong in his perfect world I will stand by Webby with whatever he does, as he is and will always be a mate of mine thru thick or thin and all the wankers that enjoy kicking a top fisho for some thing like this can go to hell for all i care. Remember as Greg and Mono said its not a murder or a bank robbery its just a PHOTO ! Can i make it any clearer ! Well done to all the people who have come out to stand behind a true mate .

Most posts I read, and was glad to see the loyalty of mates, opinions are like ar#eholes, every one has one, most are differant, but yours is worth a reply.If Im a self opinionated little weed, you are a toady sycophant. Fair dinkum, move past name calling hey! Its easy point scoring, and nothing more than derogatory rubbish.
    If you think that I voiced an opinion to make a big man of myself, or I think I live in a perfect world, or I have kicked a top fisho, or I have an agenda about your mate, you didnt read what I have previously written, and are sadly mistaken.
    Just for you, I will say it again, simply, it stinks to digitally alter a picture by placing angler A head on to angler B fish photo and publishing it. Its deception to those who spend their money thinking they are seeing "the real thing".
    The bloke has explained the circumstances, very good, Ive moved past that, but my opinion is that the act itself is wrong.
    Yep, well done to all the people who have come out to stand behind their mate, thats the Aussie way.
    Poor form to any one who thinks it is ok to rip off some one elses fish.

Thanks Ray, couldn't have said it better myself. Its a photo, who cares! There is prob ably not a photo in a magazine these days that has not be altered in some way. Do you think that the person used to advertise a product actually looks like that.

I wasn't going to post on this issue as I have already spoken to Brian about it and he knows he has my support. But, it never ceases to amaze me, the amount of keyboard heroes and poppy farmers that come out when some one makes a small mistake.

Hey BR YOU JUST DONT GET IT ! I will put it simply ! We dont care what you think ! Do you UNDERSTAND !

RAY.

BR, if your main concern is Photo altering well make a thread about it, that way you dont come over as riding Webbys nuts. In all bloody honesty if you are putting this much thought and you are totally disqusted in photo altering i suggest you never buy any sort of magazine again.

As Steve has said , every magazine that has anything to do with selling any product has a photo that has been altered in some way shape or form.

Your entitled to your opinion mate for sure.I just find you harping on about a friggen photo on a thread where Mr Webb has come out and admitted his mistake real bad Aussie form. Thats my opinion.

BR you are missing the point here by a long way . Let it go and let yourself grow a bit.
    I hope that Webby knows that the vast majority are supporting him There will always be a few tossers in the mix to stir things up
    A Proud Member of
    "The Rebel Alliance"

Quote Originally Posted by Ausfish View Post
    Its a photo, who cares!
    Webby does.
    What other people think about me is not my business: Michael J Fox.

We know Webby does Sgbfish thats why the post, but what we are saying is we dont care about it. As we have already said its not the end of the world as some would have us believe (its just a PHOTO !) end of story.

RAY.

Quote Originally Posted by rakinray View Post

Read you own reply, I am pretty sure its what BR it on about. You say ITS JUST A PICTURE... then in the next sentence you say thats why the bloke dont post on ausfish much, cause there too worried about being judged... boo bloody whooo??? A slight controdiction there???

Fella take a tea spoon of cement and harden up put your pictures up get judged as you say the majority will give you the thumbs up you just have to skip the critics....

Now about Webby as I said before dont know him dont care, but from what I read he seems a fantastic bloke, he has acted to what he see's fit and I hope from this FUTURE ISSUES OF THIS NATURE never make it to print cause at the end of the day its not just a photo ITS JUST A FISH....

Thanks Webby for your honesty and I hope you can shrug it off and get back to writing your article again, I really dont think you have a critc on here even the ones on here that come across a bit harsh. I know it was the idea of being mislead once and all will start that was the drive for it to be hit hard.

Cheers Nath

Time to lock this thread, I reckon. Webby's said his piece, and the vast majority have been sympathetic.

But there is a small minority who just want to sling sh!t and arc everyone up.

C'mon Mods, what say they be denied further opportunity?

Cheers,

Tim
    Carbon Really Ain't Pollution.

A lot of the old timers don't post on here anymore because people are always wanting to make mountains over mole hills.
    I can see both sides of the toss in this but why keep harping on about it??

Webby was put in the deep end by a mate.
    Webby has made his mind up on how the handle the problem.
    Webby has acted in a way that he believes is the best for all (not just those directly concerned).
    Webby has put a post explaining his mistake and the manner in which he is fixing it.

It's not up to rest of us to decide if the details warrant the actions or not. It is Webby's decision.
    Why drag it on for 5 pages arguing the toss??
    If you think the picture was a blatant breach of journalistic ethics (is there such a thing?) then goodo then, you'd be happy Webby is not writing any more.
    If you think...what the hell, it's only a picture...keep writing matey...then you'd be sad but you'll get over it.
    I'm sorry to say, but, another writer (who may be a better fisherman, maybe not) will come and take his place and after a while people will say...Webby....who's Webby?

I have a good idea for Webby now he's not going to write.
    Have day classes in fishing. That way people (if they really want too that is) will pay to learn his methods and maybe gain just a fraction of his knowledge.
    Probably work out cheaper then a subscription to B&B.

I have a better idea. Everyone should just go fishing and gain some knowledge first hand and not try to get the knowledge from a little clipping in a magazine.
    That's how Webby learnt.

That's all I have to say except all best then Brian.
    As long as you and your family are happy then that's all that matters. Who gives a rat's what anyone else thinks.

PS Captain Mono...still waiting for the call. I was serious. I'll gladly pay to come on a trip with you two.
    I intend on living for-ever....so far so good

Opinions will always be divided & people will see things in a different light from someone else ........... I dont think we need to stoop to name calling !
    Its nice to see that Webby has a lot of supporters ...... Great- thats what mates do !.
    As for "a mountain out of a mole hill" or "its just a photo" ....... If that was the case Webby & BnB would have just shrugged it off & done nothing! .... But they haven't

Chris
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO

Quote Originally Posted by NAGG View Post
    As for "a mountain out of a mole hill" or "its just a photo" ....... If that was the case Webby & BnB would have just shrugged it off & done nothing! .... But they haven't

Chris
    Gidday Chris...I may have come across wrong.

I was making a broad statement on many issues across most of the different sections here.
    Just one of them was the bream comp guys or the etec argument or the famous NTH QLD chop that was in the boating section...the list goes on.

This thread is the mole hill that has turned into a mountain...not the issue.
    I can see both sides of the coin about the picture in question and believe each side has it's merits.

Sorry about the confusion.
    I intend on living for-ever....so far so good