Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: To All Concerned

Re: To All Concerned

Webby
    I only buy BnB to read your article.
    I can say honestly that the information I have gained from reading your column makes up the greater part of my understanding of the art.
    I will add my voice to those requesting that you reconsider your decision to quit writing.
    If however you feel that quitting is your only option,then let me express my unreserved thanks for the wealth of information you have imparted.

Very best regards
    Rob Anderson
    rando

Webby, an explanation should be enough, you should not resign, your mate is a knobhead & he should be the one writing the apology in B&B & it should be attached to your explanation. Don't give it up mate, too much good info will be lost to the faithful..

It is your call to resign Brian, you know the truth about it all and you are the one that was left with the damage. I respect your decision which ever way you go on this matter. You have taught a great many people in Qld and Australia a lot of things about fishing with your scribes and can take pride in that knowledge. I admit i do not ever buy mags to read and have never read a single story you wrote, however the call on this site and others for your work states it is above the rest. A good career was had i believe.
    Jack.

Don't do it Webby!!!!!

Hang on now that I think about it if your retiring from the writing game that will leave you pleanty of time to give me some one on one Mulloway tuition...... thats me just being selfish.

At least give it a few weeks before making a hard decision mate.

Cheers

Chris
    Democracy: Simply a system that allows the 51% to steal from the other 49%.

Geez you made a mistake ....Haven't we all made one or 2 don't let that one mistake stop you from doing what you love doing. So many people will be worse off if you retire. You have made a fair apology and you are bigger man for doing so.
    Please reconsider for the benefit of all your followers
    all the best in what ever you decide

Cheers Phil
    Grow old disgracefully

I would like to add one more thing, I firmly believe in the following and find it is almost indisputable.

INTEGRITY IS ONE OF THE FEW THINGS IN LIFE THAT CAN NOT BE TAKEN AWAY FROM SOMEONE, IT CAN ONLY BE GIVEN AWAY BY ONESELF.

As a manager and a basic human being, I always make my decisions on others mistakes based on one thing....... INTENT.

I you had of intentionally gone out to decieve people with your actions then I and most of the people that have replied to this thread would have thrust that sword for you. The fact that you made a human mistake IS forgivable and a lesson im sure you have learned the hard way. No amount of support would have been given had it been obvious you had INTENDED to do the wrong. Make that mistake twice though and people aren't as forgiving.

Take a break, get some fishin done, and pick up that pen again mate. Your credibility certainly still stands. Your only doing your readers a disjustice by giving away your trade of making us better anglers.

Cheers

Chris
    Last edited by Lovey80; 14-06-2009 at 07:18 AM. Reason: I had too many beers and spell like a moron
    Democracy: Simply a system that allows the 51% to steal from the other 49%.

Webby

I only buy BnB to read your article. Your reputation hasn't been tarnished in my eyes mate. Your a legend that is always helping out where you can in the fishing world. I'm suprised an old git like you even knows how too turn a computer on let alone use one lol.

Soldier on mate , i couldn't careless what anyone thinks of ya, i wont be deleting your number out of my phone .

Darryl.

Quote Originally Posted by straddie View Post
    What? you think a bloody appology makes up for it?

The punishment should fit the crime.

You should have to fish the river to mud with plastics, that'll teach ya!

Honestly if it happened as you explained you should hang in there. At least see what the reaction is to the appology then take it from there after the feedback. I know most people only think of themselves these days but it used to be we aussies gave people a fair go. One stuff up, it's not like you are serial offender like yibbidy yibbada or warney that deserve to be hung out to dry.
    And they still won't beat the stinky boys...even when the stinky boys appear to be handicapped out of the race by the sin binning of Webby.

Gees will the plastic fantastics stop at nothing to try to win??
    I intend on living for-ever....so far so good

Seems like a mistake has been made by a mate trying to help.

I understand the grief it would have caused, but relly enjoy your articles and hope you don't stop writting them.

Dont beat yourself up mate, just choose your mates more carefully, you have always helped people out to the max and I support you in whatever you choose to do, tight lines !!

Webby,
    The only mistake you made was getting someone else to do your shit for you, as the saying goes, if you want something done properly do it yourself.
    We have all made mistakes in life and yours is only a minor one which i think does nothing to tarnish your credibility or good name heard on the fishing lines.
    Kick your mate in the arse and get on with it.
    All the best
    Gawby

Dont knock yourself out Webby, plain and simple you are the most straight down the line bloke I have ever met. I can understand your mate switching photo's though, we can see your ugly dial in the pic..... put pen to paper and write an article on fisherman with integrity..... is it a biography when you write it first person?

Proud to call you a mate!!!!

Give yourself an uppercut Webby for getting a hand from a "mate" In which you've done.

Then give him one. In which I hope you've done

Then continue to share your knowledge to others. In which I hope you will.

Dave
    Avast ye matey!

Webby,
    As you can see, you have a lot of supporters.
    Like everyone else who has posted a comment, I will miss your articles also.
    Thanks for all the valuable info that you have passed onto everyone over the years.
    Don't let the turkeys get you down.....
    Graham.

and dont destroy a friendship as he knew no better. whats today's news is old tomorrow, and those that hang around to complain have to much spare time on there hands. yes a mistake was made and you had the guts to correct it a rare thing these days so all i can say is your more respected than before so keep writing