Thread: Diving Lures

Diving Lures

Can anyone help me with the best way of attaching your lure to the line?
    Should I tie the leader directly to the ring or via a snp on swivel?
    If direct what knot type is best to ensure it will swim corrcetly?

Re: Diving Lures

Either tie the leader straight to the lure or a snap, they both work. A lot of folks use the snaps for quick lure changes. I prefer the knots myself. If you do a bit of a search for loop knot, lefty's loop, Rapala knot...pretty much the same thing. There are a few different ones but I find this one easy to tie.
    If you check the Hints and Tips on the blue drop down at the top of the page there is an animated knot section featuring a perfection loop, it's also a great knot for lures.
    These knots will give you a tiny loop which connects to the eyelet of the lure, giving the lure free movement.
    I would suggest that you try both the knots and the snaps to see which one suits you.
    So shines a good deed in a weary world
    - William S Shakespeare and William S Wonka_

snaps are ok but some time they will let go under some good pressure from a fish so i use knots.

creek fishing direct onto line or snap if reef for easy changes

Go to Hints & Tips at the top of the page and click on animated knots check out perfection loop. Never tie your lures on the same way you tie on hooks as they wiil not swim properly.

Cheers Foxie
    Always Think Like A Fish - No Matter How Weird It Gets

For me I only use RMG lures that do not have a split ring on them,so I attach one myself and then tie the leader to that with a finish clinched blood knot and a swivel to the main line.The lure swims much better as I can feel it vibrate in the water as it swims
    Aussiefool
    Andrew

Thanks guy's. I will give all suggestions a try