Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Muster Committee meeting

Re: Muster Committee meeting

My two bobs worth .... It was one of my favourite trips I have done in a long while scored a minus with one catty, had one fish swirl and another healthy wack but no connection.. but Deano hooked a big girl up the two mile friday and after a bit of weaving around a few trees a half hitched fish come out on top.... So for us fishing was awesome although nothing entered the boat! Winter in the new summer for me I really loved the crisp mornings and relaxed type fishing after a long summer full of 12 to 14 hour days....

The committee well as always what a fantastic bunch of fellas totally enjoyed the camping the cooking and the laughs cheers guys, Nagg had a dream arvo and you will soon see although I hope they nail a few more... Deano once again mate cheers for the fishing, Trev thanks for the yellow glasses, Daryl (darren) for the comedy, John for the knott tying lesson (cause man I need it)....

Now to look forward to Daryls, Trevs,Paul and Naggs and Johns results.... Then the sessions....

Cheers Nath

Cool Re: Muster Committee meeting

A great weekend was had by all .

Yes it would have been a challange getting the boat in while still tied to the trailer. Thanks for pointing that out Chris . I did pull back up the bank and undo the rope. Unfortunately I had already unhooked the winch so the boat then wanted to get off the trailer on dry land .

Nath's fault really for playing rubber duck on the two way while I was launching .

Any way I got home at 8pm. Chris's and Trev's gear was all that was left at camp at 4pm.

I stayed out late and the spotty cacked it last night so I had to sneak home from B in the bloody dark at about 6knots till I collected a stump then 4knots. A bloody long trip. In fact Brian and Nath were heading to the ramp to come lookin as I was heading back to camp. Thanks Boys . Next morning I found the spare bulb for the spot light in the box .

The Communal Camp Oven Concoction was a gem, Still Farting

I thought I saw Big Red pass through as I was packing up camp, so I presume Chris jumped ship and got on with Trev somewhere .

At about Yandina coming home (7.30pm) I thought I saw the Sweet Chariot on the side of the road, still attached to the truck? It was in the 110k zone and I couldn't turn around until Nambour. All looked OK but just sitting there I hope it is all good . The rig looked fine, I hope the boys weren't on the white cans before the trip home !

It was bloody cold. Well nothing further to report that's right no Fish .

As for Somerset Bring an Extra Blanket!

Most of my Money is spent on Booze and Fishin.
    The Rest is just Wasted!
    To The Shed.............

yep, awsome weekend, as usual plenty of laughs, beers ,food and snoring, no fish in the boat, apart from a cattie, and a big macrame lesson..thanks for towin the poly nath and thanks for the laughs on the water .. great to see everyone again , and will catch you all at sommersalt..
    deano..
    God put me on earth to accomplish
    a certain number of things,
    right now i am so far behind
    i will never die.

I toyed with putting a report up about the trip......for some it was not a fishless weekend......Nagg was the main affender with a couple of horses taken (you will have to wait for Naggs report and piccies)....Deano made contact with a monster which eventually stitched him up (well done mate).....What a weekend Great Mates.....Great Tucker (Go the Camp Ovens)......and many many Beverages......Raging Camp fires for cooking purposes and to sustain life as it was more than brisk every night.....To discribe whats happening at Mondy at the moment is akin to Dentistry it truely is like pulling teeth........But that doesn't matter to me it was just simply a Great Weekend....again Nath Deano Brian John Nagg SteveB Trev Gaz Paul thanks for contributing to that......The upshot with all of this is you can put your house on this.....We will do it all again......Cheers Whitto
    Good Mates....Good Food.....Good Fishing....Priceless

Well looks like yous had a great weekend as i did. I was out at sommerset dam with my daughter and my mother inlaw and father inlaw thank god they came as my spine was not reall flash all weekend as i found out last night trying to get out of the car lets just say help was needed but anyway things have settled down this morning . On the fishing front not much to tell heaps of good showings on the sounder (which was good seen ii never used the 737 before) but i think the cold snap shut down the bass down abit but . Well with only 2 hours of fishing done not a real lot of time to chase fish main reason my back. It was more of a look and see weekend with a few gps mark taken of drop offs and old creek beds ready to try when a hell of alot fitter and when we go in july now on the red claw front succes happened some good redclaw where cuaght and i will post a picture of one of the ones we got with kaitlyn holding it i will let the picture do the talking and there is one of the esky as well also our camp fire cooking was fantastic and the chicken didnt cluck for long after going there a damper was also done and was just what was needed as a afternoon snack anyway lookforwar to the sommerset trip with all of you and a few drinks for sure
    cheers
    Simon

Good report Simon.......Not the best time of year for Bass at Somersault......The Redclaw are not to shabby at all (a noice feed).....Sounds like you enjoyed yourself thats all that matters.....Cheers Whitto

Quote Originally Posted by Whitto View Post
    Good report Simon.......Not the best time of year for Bass at Somersault......The Redclaw are not to shabby at all (a noice feed).....Sounds like you enjoyed yourself thats all that matters.....Cheers Whitto

yes your right about that cold weather seems to affect them a fair bit but we had a cold snap last week anbd i think a few dead bass and boney bream where seen too by a bloke i was talking too yeah plenty of time for fishing just enjoyed catching the redclaw and spending time with family it was lovely and the camp fire just tops it all of plus a few stones gingers to warm the cockles helps look forward to catching up whitto been a while since we had a few good yarns and that goes for all the musters

It's not exactly a Barra but it's the best I could muster (no pun intended)...This bloke shared my morning Raisen Toast....No wonder these thing can dispatch a snake get a look at the Beak.....anyhow it's all good....Whitto

Quote Originally Posted by nipsta View Post
    Well looks like yous had a great weekend as i did. I was out at sommerset dam with my daughter and my mother inlaw and father inlaw thank god they came as my spine was not reall flash all weekend as i found out last night trying to get out of the car lets just say help was needed but anyway things have settled down this morning . On the fishing front not much to tell heaps of good showings on the sounder (which was good seen ii never used the 737 before) but i think the cold snap shut down the bass down abit but . Well with only 2 hours of fishing done not a real lot of time to chase fish main reason my back. It was more of a look and see weekend with a few gps mark taken of drop offs and old creek beds ready to try when a hell of alot fitter and when we go in july now on the red claw front succes happened some good redclaw where cuaght and i will post a picture of one of the ones we got with kaitlyn holding it i will let the picture do the talking and there is one of the esky as well also our camp fire cooking was fantastic and the chicken didnt cluck for long after going there a damper was also done and was just what was needed as a afternoon snack anyway lookforwar to the sommerset trip with all of you and a few drinks for sure
    cheers
    Simon
    Hey Simon, looks like the Family had a good weekend. How did u cook the Redclaw??

Pete.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete62 View Post
    Hey Simon, looks like the Family had a good weekend. How did u cook the Redclaw??

Pete.
    we took the heads off and pull the vien out from them and then just like mud crabs and sand crabs salt and water then once cooked do as you please with them

a few pics....fridy lunch nath and i sat down in a little bay in a deserted jacks, next thing most of the commitie shows up, small dam hey... ..
    i will never die.

and darren..aka daryl..
    i will never die.

Just a piccie of the Kitchen