Thread: Victoria - Lake Purrumbete Open Again!

Thumbs up Victoria - Lake Purrumbete Open Again!

Just thought I would post a thread with the good news!After many year at ultra low levels, and the water therefore being out of reach to boaters.........................Finally there is another boat ramp!........................There is a road going down to the new boat ramp just inside the caravan park, taking you back down towards the rocks (where they have installed the boat ramp)........................Since there has been very little fishing at the lake in the past 3-4years the trout in there are BIG BIG BIG!........................Normal sizes coming out are 6lb-10lb with bigger fish also being taken.........................Anyone fishing down there, I know these are trophy fish and its fine to take your limit (not that I would), but they all deserve to swim another day!........................Good luck and Happy Fishing to all!
    Cheers, Bandit

Tracker Avalanche V18 DC - 175 EFI Mercury OptiMax
    Quintrex 475 TopEnder - 60 EFI Yamaha 4 Stroke

Re: Victoria - Lake Purrumbete Open Again!

Great news.... lets hope more rains come Cairn Curran and Eppalock look like disaster zones

Re: Victoria - Lake Purrumbete Open Again!

Sadly, alot of the great dams in Victoria are low, very low or empty... Hope we see alot of rain this winter!
    Cheers, Bandit

Tracker Avalanche V18 DC - 175 EFI Mercury OptiMax
    Quintrex 475 TopEnder - 60 EFI Yamaha 4 Stroke