Thread: Looking for Fly Fishing club in Brisbane SE

Looking for Fly Fishing club in Brisbane SE

Good morning All,

My Name is Thomas Kitching and I am looking to join a club or group of mates to do some fly fishing in Brisbane (Cleveland). I have no experience with saltwater so may need some direction and guidance. My majority of tackle is geared for freashwater fly fishing mainly Yellow and trout.

Regards
    Thomas.

Re: Looking for Fly Fishing club in Brisbane SE

have a look in the fly fishing section. I am sure there are posts on clubs in there.

Jeremy

Hi Tomas,
    I am with the southeast queensland fly fishes. I live at wellington point in brisbane. Our club meeting are on the third tuesday of the month at the mermaid beach bowls club. I wll more that likely be going to the next meeting.
    I am just getting going again after open heart in january.
    Just returned from the Darwin freshwater fly comp. Had a great time.
    Check out the club webb site, Southeast queensland flyfishers for more infomation.
    Bassbuster.
    Fly rods were made to bend!

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Kitching View Post
    Good morning All,

My Name is Thomas Kitching and I am looking to join a club or group of mates to do some fly fishing in Brisbane (Cleveland). I have no experience with saltwater so may need some direction and guidance. My majority of tackle is geared for freashwater fly fishing mainly Yellow and trout.

Regards
    Thomas.
    Hi Thomas, was that Vaal or Drakensberg ? Here is an email that I received recently

"Hi again to all

After a fair bit of research into venues and a general lack of progress due to all places wanting payment, thanks to the generous offer of Craig Ashdown we have a venue for the first kick off meeting and also a date.

The venue is the John Holland Building, Emporium at 1000 Ann St, Fortitude Valley 4006 and the room is the Boardroom. Plan is to commence proceedings around 6:30. Given it is a workplace, we will have to make sure we leave the place as we found it. Everyone will have to be there just before the start so we can all get let in.

A point to note is that given it is the first meeting, we won't be talking too much about fishing, the objective is to come up with a plan on how to set up the club, and therefore this meeting is really only for the people that want to actively be involved in the running of the club. It will be an open discussion so all ideas/experiences are most welcome.

Please RSVP by the 28th of August if you plan on attending.

Cheers

David Reverdito brisbaneffc at gmail dot com "

hope this helps,

regards

Walldog
    Last edited by walldog; 07-08-2009 at 11:18 PM. Reason: email address
    There are 10 types of people in this world
    "those that understand binary and those that don't"

Quote Originally Posted by walldog View Post
    Hi Thomas, was that Vaal or Drakensberg ? Here is an email that I received recently

"Hi again to all

After a fair bit of research into venues and a general lack of progress due to all places wanting payment, thanks to the generous offer of Craig Ashdown we have a venue for the first kick off meeting and also a date.

The venue is the John Holland Building, Emporium at 1000 Ann St, Fortitude Valley 4006 and the room is the Boardroom. Plan is to commence proceedings around 6:30. Given it is a workplace, we will have to make sure we leave the place as we found it. Everyone will have to be there just before the start so we can all get let in.

A point to note is that given it is the first meeting, we won't be talking too much about fishing, the objective is to come up with a plan on how to set up the club, and therefore this meeting is really only for the people that want to actively be involved in the running of the club. It will be an open discussion so all ideas/experiences are most welcome.

Please RSVP by the 28th of August if you plan on attending.

Cheers

David Reverdito brisbaneffc at gmail dot com "

hope this helps,

regards

Walldog
    Hi Walldog,

Ha ha ha am i that easy to spot!.
    Yes Vaal river, Drakensburg, Dullstroom, Natal Midlands etc wherever there are Trout or Yellow.

Thomas.