Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Winter Barra Tactics

Re: Winter Barra Tactics

Quote Originally Posted by Whitto View Post
    Well I hope he has got it back.....He's not sleeping with me cause he Farts too much.......there's nothing worse than a grumpy Silverback
    just trying to share the warmth around...no need to get grumpy..
    God put me on earth to accomplish
    a certain number of things,
    right now i am so far behind
    i will never die.

Grumpy Me.....Never.....TIP FOR THE DAY.......Check your trailer Wheelbearings
    Good Mates....Good Food.....Good Fishing....Priceless

Quote Originally Posted by birko View Post
    Chris.
    Pretty much all Teemburra and always in the afternoon (just works out better that way family wise). Have only been to kinchant four of times. Twice fishing for barra a while ago and recently since the temps have started going down twice to take my young daughters sooty fishing. Must get there again, bit more interested after reading Dan Grechs article in QFM where he believes top water is the way to go around the weed beds in winter.

Cheers
    Birko
    its one way to catch them. l used frogs to good effect yesterday and caught a couple of 800s then last night at Awoonga a 121 ,102 and a meter where caught using the subsurface method...Hollowbellys where the lure used .The bite time lasted about ten minutes

Quote Originally Posted by DEANO68 View Post
    just trying to share the warmth around...no need to get grumpy..

But keep clear of naked flames
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO

Quote Originally Posted by Awoonga View Post
    its one way to catch them. l used frogs to good effect yesterday and caught a couple of 800s then last night at Awoonga a 121 ,102 and a meter where caught using the subsurface method...Hollowbellys where the lure used .The bite time lasted about ten minutes

Good to hear you got on to some good fish Trev ......... It would have brought back a smile to the dial

Out of curiosity ..... were you confident that there were fish in the area when the switch was turned on

Chris
    Teach him how to fish
    TEAM MOJIKO

There was a few Boofs in the Area and two other Boats in the Area as well..Scotty was in one and Earl in the other one ..........Earl not a touch..... Scotty dont know ? There where no bites .....just the three hookups ....l was in the back of a bay the other two where in the front part of the bay

Day one of the Hookup..... Fishing at Awoonga Not a touch zip.... but the leader... yes there is a leader caught his 103 Trolling...l fished for at least 16 hours and yes l trolled too !...John you think Faust F####s with your head .. Add Awoonga to that list

I am a new member to this site, so i say g'day to all ausfishers. i also fished the hookup on the weekend and spent 5 hrs fishing awoonga on friday. i also caught a 103 cm barra . the money bait was a deep diving richo's weighted to suspend. casting parallel to the weed with big long casts keeping it in the zone. i not sure where the trolling idea came from, but either way that fish was enough to seal to deal. might see you on the water this weekend, as long i dont blink i wont miss ya.

Quote Originally Posted by Bradmaster View Post
    I am a new member to this site, so i say g'day to all ausfishers. i also fished the hookup on the weekend and spent 5 hrs fishing awoonga on friday. i also caught a 103 cm barra . the money bait was a deep diving richo's weighted to suspend. casting parallel to the weed with big long casts keeping it in the zone. i not sure where the trolling idea came from, but either way that fish was enough to seal to deal. might see you on the water this weekend, as long i dont blink i wont miss ya.
    Looks like l got the wrong info .Five hours = one fish = HOOKUP WINNER You have to be happy with that

Bradmaster, congrats brother, and interesting choice of lure...

3 meteries, inc a 120+, in 10 minutes, now thats fishin Trev.

Gday Nagg, Trev should have had confidence in the area he was fishing as Ben got 2 fish there on friday and I got 4 fish in that bay on saturday and it is the same bay that I got my 130cm fish last june so the bay has past and recent winter form. Great work again Trev, congrats, we only managed another couple of high 90,s, didn't crack the metre for the weekend. Cheers scott.

Quote Originally Posted by vet View Post
    Gday Nagg, Trev should have had confidence in the area he was fishing as Ben got 2 fish there on friday and I got 4 fish in that bay on saturday and it is the same bay that I got my 130cm fish last june so the bay has past and recent winter form. Great work again Trev, congrats, we only managed another couple of high 90,s, didn't crack the metre for the weekend. Cheers scott.

Thanks Scotty ....... Its one of those questions that never seems to be asked Why were you there ?
    So it was a case of recent captures & a historical producer ........ Then you need to get the fish to bite

Well done to both of you .....

Chris
    Teach him how to fish
    TEAM MOJIKO

Looks like l got the wrong info .Five hours = one fish = HOOKUP WINNER You have to be happy with that

very happy, though didn't think it would be enough. not much luck pulling any of size the rest of the weekend.

Cheers BR65.

Quote Originally Posted by Bradmaster View Post
    Well done Brad on your win.

A deserving winner using a terrific alternative tactic that worked well for you..thanks for sharing it with us. Hope you can keep contributing to the forums.

Cheers Steve

I'd say keep driving north and then north some more to where its warm all year round. And go hit some dry season billabong barra.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy87 View Post
    I'd say keep driving north and then north some more to where its warm all year round. And go hit some dry season billabong barra.
    Please tell us more !