Thread: Lenthals - what is the rule?

Lenthals - what is the rule?

I know they shut the gates on Lenthals access at XPm and open it again at XAm and that the camping grounds are not open, BUT is there anything to stop someone coming in and launching before closing time, fish the afternoon/night, camp in the boat or on one of the private properties that border the dam (with permission of course), then back into it early and finally pull the boat out once the gates open in the morning?

Re: Lenthals - what is the rule?

Probably not.

But the water board will probably take the view that camping on your boat is still camping.

Also, if people keep trying to find ways to bend or get around the rules, we may find that the signs change to

NO ACCESS AT ANY TIME

I beleive that 24/7 access to the dam will happen in fairly near future SO why try to spoil it for others.

Luc

I was under the impression that if your car is still parked at the ramp after 4pm then they launch a boat and go find you. They can't stop you camping on lease holders land but they have control of the water body itself.

I don't know the answer, so this is why I am asking before I did it. If it is a no go, then it is a no go, but if it is only gate access restriction, then I will ask the question.

if you leave your car in the carpark i am pretty sure there will be a fine imposed unless a pretty good reason for leaving it there they are pretty tough out there as some of the local lads have stuffed it for all others by going in the back way speeding all over the dam as well as dropping huge donuts all over the carpark and new lawns ,the gates will be opened up soon but as i heard the other day it wont be 24/7 yet ,an extended morning or afternoon time for the time being.rob the caretaker /ranger is going thru the process at the moment hope this helps a little bit cheers AL

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy87 View Post
    They can't stop you camping on lease holders land .
    Unless that lease stipulates no camping on the land as many of the grazing leases around our water storages do (usually they also say no accessing of the dam from the lease hold land).

Cheers