Thread: 1770 for June Long Weekend

1770 for June Long Weekend

Heading to 1770 with wife for the June long weekend.

I'm am dragging my 4.75 runabout up with me from Brisbane on Friday.

First time I've ever been up that way and would appreciate any info anyone could give me on the local fishing scene this time of year.

I Hope to go outside to try my luck if weather permits.

If anyone is going to be up there this weekend that can help me with the local knowledge of bar and waters or if anyone who knows where they are going and would like a trip out please give me a yell.

I will be heading out on my own as wife is not seaworthy and company is always good.

Re: 1770 for June Long Weekend

Sandy, the bloke in the tackle shop on the way into Agnes is a real help. He can tell you the most up to date reports. There are plenty of spots but if it permits try and get to middle rocks off Bustard Head. Great for all sort of fishing. Middle Ck is great as well but depends on your confidence in bar crossing. If you want to go make sure you keep the large stick that is poking out of the water on your left hand side heading into the creek from the bay. The rock bar (look for it on Google Earth) holds monster fingermark! Good Luck awesome spot.

Mark

Dont forget to get the mud map from the tackle shop indicating how to navigate the main creek.

Good luck

Mark

Cheers Fella's

Have had a look through previous threads but not found much info for this time of year.
    Anyway there's only one way to find out and that's just do it, wet the line and see what happens.

Hey Tazy,we headed up awhile ago, weather was plain ugly. But if you head out towards the bar staying close to the headland,there is quite a bit of rubbly ground. Plenty of average size sweetie in that area. Spoke to a old guy early one morning fishing on a surf ski. He pulled out a sugar bag with 1/2 a tuna in. He had been fighting it when a large shadow went under him and bit the fish in half. He said he knew it was time to head in after that. Plenty of fresh bait is avaiable just take your cast net. Good luck and have fun. Basil2