Thread: Rods left leaning on the ute

Rods left leaning on the ute

Didn't really Know what to do? there were 2 rods restng on the ute when I got to the boat ramp at the spit, when it was time for me to go they were still there,

I picked them up and layed them on his trailer with the reels near the rollers to sortof hide them, one was a crappy gaffa taped rod and sprayed silver, the other was an alvey with a decent rod,

thought about taking them and leaving my card, but then would have felt like I was stealing them, what would you do ?

Re: Rods left leaning on the ute

I would have left the card saying I dropped them in to the local Cop Shop.
    I intend on living for-ever....so far so good

Mate l wouldnt be suprised if you were beening watched as theres a lot of theves in that area.and from time to time the boys in blue like to go fishing to.

It seemed fairly accedental for them to be left behind, it was a big trailer so they were prob at the ramp at dark and headed offshore, the ute had a heap of camping gear in it too with vic plates,

I didn't drop them at the cop shop because I didn't like my chances of getting a park with the trailer and the kids were getting grumpy,

either way, hope they got them back or if the coppers were watching and someone got caught nicking them then it worked out good I spose

I would have left a note on his windscreen that the rods are left at the nearest shop to the ramp and taken the rods to the said store.

Nothing worse than pricks stealing your gear, on the other hand I would be very happy if someone did leave them with the nearest shopkeeper for me to collect.
    Jack.

Quote Originally Posted by finga View Post
    I would have left the card saying I dropped them in to the local Cop Shop.
    I would have done that too,BUT after hearing your situation with the kids and parking,you did the next best thing.
    Just hoped they noticed the combos before winding the boat back on