Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast

Thread: snapper snapper and more snapper...

snapper snapper and more snapper...

Headed out to a spot in the bay on wensday.. first drop. a double header of legal sweeties... first thought was a good indication of what was to come next, over the next 2 hours we bagged out on snapper + a few more after losing count... ended up with 42.5kgs worth of snapps overall.....

Would have to say if they stay this thick it should be a gooooooood season.....

will post a few pics over the next few days after i get most from the mates camera....

Re: snapper snapper and more snapper...

:-x :-x

Yep, they are around ATM but as always, you have your good days and your bad days, dependant on the weather. All I got for my efforts was 2 x 39cm Yesterday, you guys getting out mid week in perfect conditions are having better success.

Scalem

One day they're on.................next day they're gone. Sounds like a job well done by you guys.

Now that sounds like a great session. What did the damage?
    A Proud Member of
    "The Rebel Alliance"

Nice going Iceknight - you find it best in the arvo still for the main bite period?

fished the morning... they went hard out... mullet fillets were the damage!! they chewed there heads off on them. although they dident want a bar of squid...

as for the number.... ahhhh admitadly well over the baglimit lost count as the joy set in............

6kgs were some of the fish, but most around the 1kg to 3kg mark.....

also let a fair few go, which was really hard!!

still waiting on pics should have them in the next day

Hi Icenight

What wide area are you fishing?

Nice haul mate but not sure about the comment below!!

as for the number.... ahhhh admitadly well over the baglimit lost count as the joy set in............

I hope there were more than a couple of you fishing or that is WAY over the limit.

Everyone enjoys a feed but 42.5KGS - bit greedy! Hope u left some for others .

Personally, I wouldn't publicise that sort of thing over ausfish.

Quote Originally Posted by iceknight View Post
    as for the number.... ahhhh admitadly well over the baglimit lost count as the joy set in.
    ahahahaha you just get better and better. There's a name for blokes like you and I'm sure your about to be told

Quote Originally Posted by black_sheep View Post
    Nice haul mate but not sure about the comment below!!

I hope there were more than a couple of you fishing or that is WAY over the limit.

Everyone enjoys a feed but 42.5KGS - bit greedy! Hope u left some for others .

Personally, I wouldn't publicise that sort of thing over ausfish.
    This is the sort of post that often results in the author being accused of jealousy. IMHO, nothing to do with jealousy and I fully support the sentiment. Please explain what you did with 42.5kg of snapper? Are you a shamateur?

Most were 1-3kg with a couple around 6kgs.......so we are talking around 20 snapper?

Jeremy
    "The underlying spirit of angling is that the skill of the angler is pitted against the instinct and strength of the fish and the latter is entitled to an even chance for it's life."
    (Quotation from the rules of the Tuna Club Avalon, Santa Catalina, U.S.A.)

Apathy is the enemy

Mods, can you please clarify whether posts harassing people posting fishing reports - when they break fisheries regulations - will be deleted or result is the author being banned?

WTF!

And I'm not just being jealous as we also bagged out on snapper on Friday BUT THEN WE STOPPED, because we want to be able to catch some next time and hope our kids can catch them one day too..

Guys, I know of this bloke and doubt he went over the bag limit, I think its just a case of him being excited and wording his post badly..

My guess is that IF he and his mates kept all fish they would have had 42kg of snapper.

and as for this line,

as for the number.... Ahhhh admitadly well over the baglimit lost count as the joy set in............

How often do you catch over 5 good legal Snapper in a session each? I would get excited if I caught over 5 legal snapper!! (haven't been there yet) I think this is all he is meaning, not that he and his mates kept past thier limit.

Cheers
    Brandon...

I disagree Brandon,

The post clearly reads that he kept over his bag limit and also let a few go....

I cannot condone this type of behaviour and agree with a couple of the posts above. You should not ever keep more than your bag limit, you should certainly not advertise it if you do so and you should expect a royal bagging from all and sundry if you do.....

Iceknight may be your mate, but he has lost a great deal of credibilty by acting so irresponsibly and then posting it on Ausfish. The mods would be well within their rights to ban him for this illegal action.

It doesn't matter how excited you get - the law is the law. As a member of SOBA you should be concerned with your mate's behaviour...

Sorry but that's my view.

Pete