Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: quintrex hornet trophy stolen

Angry quintrex hornet trophy stolen

computer has been out of action so thread is a week late. Last wed night my boat was stolen in the middle of the night. the really windy and rainy night . Absolutley gutted....... Didnt hear a thing , out the front of the house, towball lock on though didnt seem to worry them. I cant believe the f.......g mongrels. Police intel officer said 4 similar boats in the last 6 months have been taken. From Mcdowall, brigemandowns, cashmere and warner. Man up the road said he saw a white commodore station wagon driving down the st at 11.00 pm with boat in tow, { my 4.75 hornet trophy fishbuoy 4yrs old} they then stopped and hooked the trailer lights and off they went. Might catch them on main road cameras on the highway with that info.....in process of getting a boat shed organised out the back, more bloody money, who needs lawn anyway...
    Towball locks are crap apparently, stainless steal chain through wheels and/or wheel clamp for me next time, i dont want this to happen again. I cant believe those low life pieces of shit, that steal rather then work for it.

Re: quintrex hornet trophy stolen

ethan1,

Sorry tale to hear..

Have you got any pics to put up so people can keep an eye out for it.

regards
    HOnda

sorry to hear it mate, but you should put a pic of your boat up on here.
    that way alot of eye's will know what it looks like, more eye's the better.
    if the cops get them, hope they give you 5mins with them alone, that's what i would want.

ron.
    reels screamin aboard Hyper- Active

Scumbags, sorry mate.

It would be good to have caught them and touched them up, but they would probably turn around and sue me. I am no good on computers will get wife's help with photo of boat. Not looking forward to insurance saga insured for $20,000 old mate said they will ring around and check market value.196 hrs{most fishing under electric}
    60hp 4/ merc. 4.75m 4yrs old . $32,000 for new one....I hope its worth at least $20,000. I Hope people take better security measures, i wish some one would of gave me a heads up.
    Ethan

Sorry to hear Ethan, Good luck with finding it and the claim.

I recently sold a 2005 445 with an 05 Suzuki 60 4 stroke for $19,500 and think yours should be worth at least that much unless it's damaged seriously.

In fact you'll probably see some advertised for much more. Those might take a while to sell (if at all) but at $19,500 mine was sold inside of 2 weeks (would have been sooner as buyer stuffed me around and I missed other keen buyers with cash in hand)

Cheers
    Tony

bastards!
    What sort of towball lock did you have on?
    Heath
    Gold Coast
    WWW.GCFISHING.COM

Pirates at sea....got to walk the plank.
    Pirates on land........keel hauled???? gutted??? fed to sharks??? show them off at a boat show to everyone else who owns a boat???

Their must be other options........
    Cheers Garry

A bad day fishing, beats a good day at work!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Unhappy Re: quintrex hornet trophy stolen

Quote Originally Posted by Heath View Post
    bastards!
    What sort of towball lock did you have on?
    just the standard towball lock and pad lock but should of lock safety chain up as well. didnt know any better.police said all they have to do is un screw 2 bolts and slide towball off boat and slide new one on easy....I wish i had a wheel clamp in place though after 4 yrs and no dramas, you dont think these things are necessary until it happens to you.

that sucks ...can feel your anger

Ill keep and eye for you and hope you find they.

Shit bags, sorry to hear mate, all I can do is keep my eyes peeled. Best of luck.

Pete.

another boat was stolen in redcliffe last weekish... theres a photo in deception bay bait and tackle in rothwell, beside the bunnings..

it was stolen during a storm too.. around the high 5-6 meter mark.. no small boat....

could possibily be the same people... seeing as it was taken during the storm too...

sucks to see these people consistantly get away with it

Sorry to hear about your boat mate. there are some low bastards out there! I have a 4.2 mtr tinny and this has jogged me into getting better security than the small padlock I have on the tow ball latch. I guess I have been lucky till now. I have a long piece of chain at home and it will be wrapped around trailer, wheels and fence post tonight. Often thought about security for it, sensor lights, chains etc but till now have been too lazy.
    If nothing your misfortune has reaped some benefits in prompting me and perhaps other Ausfishers into upgrading their security.
    When you catch the mongrels offer them a joy ride in your boat, one way, to the middle of the 'paddock'.

Cheers

Bob

Hard luck mate! I'd have a heart attack if mine got knocked off.

Like I mentioned to others a while back, the camera system I use is affordable , and lets you catch the bastards in the act.
    Hope it does not happen , though.

Hope you recover yours and the creeps get nailed.