Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Extended Hydrofield's 6.8 Finished Photo's

Re: Extended Hydrofield Jaguar recieves its heart today!

looking good Matt good to see the hydrofield has had a birthday time for me to pull my finger out and get the baby brother going.
    Rob

Re: Extended Hydrofield Jaguar recieves its heart today!

Hi Matt& John
    The boat looks amazing ,it must be a great feeling to have all the modifications come together ,once again Adam,Greens and Brendon have shown there class and high level of excellance in the workmanship.Looking forward to see how the boat handles .There was a 23ft to 24ft centre cab tri hull that used to travel up to Stanage with us some years ago that was great in the rough water.
    The engine was a 200 hp 2 stroke and not sure of the top speed however it was no slouch.Not sure if Gaz is available to work on your boat this week as I need a service on the haines and we can't give you to much time on the water before your trip. LOL
    See ya from Ripples.

Re: Extension Of Our Hydrofield 5.6 Jaguar COMPLETE!

Quote Originally Posted by cormorant View Post
    To all the trihull brains trust

Ever heard of these or know what they are like??

Thanks

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI....m=170345570482
    And what would you like to know?

Re: Extension Of Our Hydrofield 5.6 Jaguar COMPLETE!

Quote Originally Posted by Mister View Post
    And what would you like to know?
    Basically whether the hull shape and manufacturer are any good? If anyone has had first hand experience? Friend like the look of the boat and is headed down that way and asked and I couldn'help him. Appreciate any info to pass on

Re: Extended Hydrofield fit out complete and water test

Hey Guys, yesterday was D day for the new girl, Spaniard King Had finished the Complete new fit out of entire boat and water test was next in line. We put her in the local creek for a quick test as no rego stickers were on yet. These modifications being never attempted buy any hydrofield owner before (as we are aware of) we were very nervious, actually our hearts were pumping nearlly through our chests and we were shacking like all sh##, but it was time to see if everything we had done will pay off. Once we put the throttle down she went better then we could have ever expected, The 225 honda was in a league of its own, we could cruise on 3300rpm doing 21Knots with 3 people on board and 75ltrs of fuel. Our top speed yesterday with out fully opening her up was 37knots or 46/47mile an hour which is around the 77km per Hr. we were over the moon she handled perfectly better then we ever thought, engine height was perfect, sitting at rest was perfect and could not get the smiles of our faces. Personally i was really amazed how well the 225 Honda went as i have been in many of different boats and every engine under the son and for it to preform how it did, pick up all that weight and get out of the hole that easy and keep going and going right throughout the rev range was unreal, yesterday made us so very happy. A big thanks has the go out to greens marine and south side trimming and of course adam for his unbelievable extension work, but especially Garry for getting us the engine and doing the entire boat fit up he has preformed, as he has made everything so easy to access and get to and how neat and perfect the boat has turned out we can't praise his fit up and fit out work enough, i can see why you are better off getting an expert to do this. Also he did well with putting up with me and my old boy helping him as i think we were more a hinderence then a help .

I will add some pics for use in the next couple of days as we are waiting for her to come back from the sticker place so we can take her fishing.

Cheers
    Matty

P.S. If anyone is chasing a Furuno 7000 Chart plotter in Mint condition check out the electronics page as mine is there at an unbeatable price.

Mat
    Have you been brave enough to sit down and do a final tally on all works done on the boat yet

Quote Originally Posted by CCDrifter View Post
    Mat
    Have you been brave enough to sit down and do a final tally on all works done on the boat yet
    Hey mate yeah we have i had to sit down once i added it together . Total bill from where it was to now has come to $31,500.00 minus the $8,500.00 for old engine so $23,000.00 total which to be honest is awesome once you lay your eyes on her and see what is done. With us helping out where ever we could and in what ever we could. I would think if someone was going to do with out knowing the right people it would cost another 5 to 10k more. But still cheaper then the new 6.8s and you get a completely new boat as well.

Sounds a lot more economical rejuvenating this boat than changing it over. Good work, and glad to see you're happy with the results.

Re: Extended Hydrofield's 6.8 Finished Photo's

Here are some photo's from the weekend all finished

And some more again. Also Took her for a run on sunday and played around in the Tweed Bar entrance for what was an awesome run with the boat handleing better then would have thought. Top speed was 78 k/hr at 5900 Rpm with 180l of fuel and 3 blokes running a 16 solas prop. Cruise was 3900 to 4000 rpm doing 50k/hr. Very Very happy with the preformance thus far. also hole shot was unreal no lag what so ever we hit the throttle and up she come, the 225 is a very tourquey engine. which was a big thing for these hulls. Also in a sea the cut outs in the side sponsens make so much difference it is unbelievable, you can see how much better the turning is now compared to before. Hope you like the photo's

Cheers
    Matty

Matty

Those stainless rod holders that you have got set up on the side grab rails DONT TRUST THEM!!!!!! Mate the tube part of the holder is just tack welded with 2 small tacks onto the sturdy looking mounting part of the bracket!!! they are as weak as piss and you will loose rods if you use them!!!

Ian
    Alcohol doesn't agree with me, but i sure do enjoy the argument!!!

Cmon Ian, what a 50wlrs and a full 37kg roller rod between freinds
    Garry

Retired Honda Master Tech

Wear already one step ahead and had them welded up weve been using these holders fo a long time and know by expererence that you need to get them welded or loose rods.
    Cheers
    John

Nice work Mat
    Hope you put all those eskies to ggod use in as couple of weeks.
    2.5 weeks and counting

Nathan

Quote Originally Posted by CCDrifter View Post
    Nice work Mat
    Hope you put all those eskies to ggod use in as couple of weeks.
    2.5 weeks and counting

Nathan
    I hope we do too hey, i am like a little kid in a kandy shop waiting for this trip.

Ian, Thanks mate but we know these rod holders need some good attention before even useing them once as we got a new one and haven't fixed it yet and she fell into two . Once you weld, locktight and sika them up they work like a treat .