Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Extended Hydrofield's 6.8 Finished Photo's

Re: Extension Of Our Hydrofield 5.6 Jaguar

Matt do you plan just to upholster your seat boxes? If so, how do you reckon you'll go with no backs on them.... that is if you guys ever sit down while on the move.

Also how do you reckon your oldman will go climbing over them....now and in a few years time. I almost have to pour my oldman in the boat now days
    Heath
    Gold Coast
    WWW.GCFISHING.COM

does the boat have a rail around it? looks like about knee height from floor to top of combing in the pics, like the southwind long boats.

Hi Business Class,
    The 5.6 Hydrofield looks pretty good. Would you have been better of with a 20" shafted motor seeing that you had to put a jacking plate on? I know that Redcliffe Coastguard, when they had a 5.6 Hydrofield had a 20" Mercury Optimax on their boat. But top job on your boat.

Duck

20" shaft is too short (in too much aerated water) when mounted in the centre of the transom. You have three choices mount a single 20" shaft on either side of the transom (where you would normally mount one of your twins) run twin 20" shaft outboards or run a 25 " in the centre (the last option some will say is a bit of a compromise) We had a 20" shaft in the centre of ours originally and could never get it to run right you need the leg in the water 2"-3" into the water further than a 20" shaft in the centre will achieve P.s. the boat in my avatar had an old 85 model 85 suzuki 2 stroke mounted off to the side and it still used to plane no worries

Quote Originally Posted by Heath View Post
    Matt do you plan just to upholster your seat boxes? If so, how do you reckon you'll go with no backs on them.... that is if you guys ever sit down while on the move.

Also how do you reckon your oldman will go climbing over them....now and in a few years time. I almost have to pour my oldman in the boat now days

Hey mate how are you?, Yeah we will have a seat on the drivers side as we always sit down and with the others will just be upholstered cushions. And as for the old boy he said to say pi** off he aint that old he not even 50 .

We always had to climb over the esky with the old way she used to be too, so it will not worry us, plus Its for fishing mate come on. .

Quote Originally Posted by death_ship View Post
    does the boat have a rail around it? looks like about knee height from floor to top of combing in the pics, like the southwind long boats.
    There the same hight as all the hydro's, we have not changed that. I think it is 600 or 650mm high. No we don't have a rail right around but there we will be one holding horizontal rod holders about 1m long. we like the low sides as it makes grabbing bill fish and pulling in larger fish over the side alot easier, however in saying that it is not at a dangerous hight for anyone bye any means, plus you also have the stability of the multi hulls too so it is quite safe if thats what yo mean.

Hey Duck Mo's reply is spot on i couldn't have answered it any better my self. Also we have made a different hight pod on this one so it should be perfect if our measurements are correct. Touch wood.

here are some photo's of the side combing being put on and the scuppers glassed in.

here are some photo's from yesterday of the rear trasom combing in the mould glassed up and then more of it glassed into the transom.

Quote Originally Posted by nickstock View Post
    Massive deck space there mate! What a fishing platform this will be once your finished. When are you hoping to have her back on the water ?
    Nick
    Cheers Mate, Yeah we are looking forward to the water thats for sure. Next tuesday she will be done, then the trailer gets extended, we get that back that friday, then she is off to the stainless shop for some Fancy fittings .

Mick,

cheers mate, she has been an awesom experence so far, it is so good being able to custom the boat the way you want it. I have hurd abit about the hobsons but we would then need a bigger house .

Cheers,
    Matty

Hi Matty

Really great thread, am really enjoying your journey which appears so painless.

I guess when you have a fibreglasser like Adam, who obviously knows his stuff, doing a job like this to get what you really want, is both pleasant and rewarding.

No doubt there will a line up waiting for Adam after this and all power to him.

Maybe Adam could scale the Hobson down to trailer boat some winters night when he's bored.

Keep up the pics etc please and thanks again.

Cheers
    Chimo
    What could go wrong.......................

Quote Originally Posted by business class View Post
    Hey mate how are you?,
    Younger than Gaz

And as for the old boy he said to say pi** off he aint that old he not even 50 .
    LOL... I remember when my old boy turned 50.. seemed like yesterday. Today he turns 60
    Heath
    Gold Coast
    WWW.GCFISHING.COM

Cheers Mate, Yeah we are looking forward to the water thats for sure. Next tuesday she will be done, then the trailer gets extended, we get that back that friday, then she is off to the stainless shop for some Fancy fittings .

Mick,

cheers mate, she has been an awesom experence so far, it is so good being able to custom the boat the way you want it. I have hurd abit about the hobsons but we would then need a bigger house .

Cheers,
    Matty

I have heard today that Henry has sold the moulds to his great grand son, and they will be building a few 28 footers...good to see them back in action...
    I am selling mine at the moment and upgrading to a 40 + footer for fishing ...maybe a randell, steber....or something along those lines...there is nothing in a tri...in this size

Mick

here are some pics fro over the long weekend. With the transome all glassed in floor in the bottom and live well all done, side pockets made up and fitted in, front cabin fwd shelf glassed in for better storage as old way was non useable.

Re: Extension Of Our Hydrofield 5.6 Jaguar COMPLETE!

Here are the photo's of here with all previous holes repaired, glassed and bogged ready for paint, and then photo's of her painted.