Thread: clarence river flood pics

clarence river flood pics

Hey all,
    Been a wet few days heres some pics we took this morning lucky the levee wall held out over night no major damage in town.
    can't get to the coast no fishin but we got two cartoons and a verandah that now has water front views nothin to do but sit back and watch it rain some more
    Attachment 46453
    home yesterday arvo bloody hot water system is under water as is the washing matchin so we are gettin a bit smelly lol
    sorry about the quality I am a sh!te photographer
    Attachment 46454
    Attachment 46455
    Attachment 46456
    Attachment 46457
    Attachment 46458
    Attachment 46459
    Attachment 46460
    Attachment 46461

Re: clarence river flood pics

Mate feel for you. But while you are copying the crappy weather the low had blocked all the wind allowing us a couple great days for fishing.
    Last edited by Allison 189; 23-05-2009 at 04:38 PM. Reason: Add photo

hope you dont end up with too much damage champ, nothing worse than having to argue with the insurance companies.

im sure the two cartons are gone by now but i hope you can get your hands on more.

stay safe

matty

Thanks Matty
    Mate no real damage done to our house or property luckily. We are safe and dry can't ask for much more. Lots of shops closed but the bottlo is still open :-)

Allison nice trout mate my boat has no floor at the moment anyway was gunna cut one and fit it this weekend but that went down the gurgler so to speak

Stay safe mate.
    The news showed Yamba copped a bit of water too.

Maclean has been pretty safe. Equaled the 2001 flood and has done serious structural damage to the levee. It should hold out and one can only hope but we've got all the RFS trucks pointed in one direction in case of a breach.
    Got some great pics but don't have the lead to connect the camera to computer. Will put them up when i get a chance. This is the first time i've been home in 3 days Coucho!

Hey Matt bet it feels good to get home mate. The big tides must of held the flow back in Maclean as up at boral they have the flood levels engraved in the concrete fence the 2001 level is about a foot up the wall and this one just touched the bottom.
    Some Damage to the levee here as well apparently.
    Matt do you know if you can get from Grafton to Maclean yet?
    Can't wait to see the lower river picks stay safe mate.

Hi Matt and Pete,
    Uncle got down to Iluka yesterday, hwy closed at wardel, no water but heaps of trees down, water 2ft at hwy side of esk river on the Iluka rd but droping. no major down there, should be a few crusation type things around in the bay , is the tip.

thanks for the pics Pete, and would be good to see yours too Matty . Should get some pics soon from Unc M, he has now destroyed the pub, bowls club and golf has new meaning in Iluka.

see ya soon,
    Chong

At the moment i am looking forward to the next El Nino. Sick of the rain, wind and damage done up and down the coast. Hope the cleanup isnt too bad coucho. Hey Matt are those RFS trucks pointing to the Pacific for beers if the levy goes. Now we all wait for the conditions to be right for a fish, hopefully not too long.

couple of pics from Shark Bay...looks very messy

access track looks a mess there. I heard the water was comein over the track and onto the road into town on the high tide with the wind and swell