Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Some Ballina photos atm

Some Ballina photos atm

Got out to have a look at the conditions at Ballina atm. Anyone for a trip outside. Hope the photos come out good enough. These where taken at high tide and the bar and beaches have got a fair bit worse coming up to the low. One shows what it should look like from home.

Re: Some Ballina photos atm

That last pic looks much nicer!
    Any sand left on the beaches up there?
    Hope the keen lad in the 3rd pic gets a feed for his effort....
    Cheers.

A few more that i missed.

The beaches are getting stripped. Flat Rock esp has lost a heap of sand. I couldnt get down there with my son to get any shots. In parts the banks are 6 foot high where the sand used to be. The beach below my house is not much better. It is covered in sand normaly but is now a mix of pebbles etc. Not good after the last few wash outs that have occured. I didnt see that guy do any good which wasnt a suprise. There is too much crap coming out of the river. Half of Lismore and the surrounding area is down at Ballina atm, if it wasnt bolted down its down here now. I rekon in a couple of days though it will be good for the jewies.

Wen it calms down abit there should b some great jew around!

I rkn end a next week Scott provided the sea drops. Until thenits gunna be shark city

Yeh Mark i am getting a bit ahead of things hoping for the best for Sun arvo. There is so much crap beside the walls though and a lot of fresh flushing out. Oh well a shark or two will be fun until things improve. Seabreeze is predicting the swell to start dropping from tonight. Tues just under 2m through until the end of the week.

YLD. Im in coffs its pretty angry here too!

Watch you don't snag a cow coming down with the flood water. I saw one or two in the last flood. Also hope we don't end up with another massive fish kill. The last one was heart breaking, seeing big fish in the tens of thousands scooped up in the bobcat...
    Lennox beach down my end (near the boat channel) has lost so much sand. Haven't seen it like that for years.

tester theres bound to be some dead uns floating down the river.....cant be helped unfortunately as the water came up quick. Pity they cudnt be set for crabs near the river mouth rkn we'd kill em.
    The beach at flat rock was bad enough before the storm with a 3-4m drop from the top of the sand dunes.....guna have to have a carreful look b4 i drive the ute onto sth ballina beach nxt week! hate to drive off the drop off!

Flat Rock is stripped. I thought the banks were 6' but at least twice that in parts. Shelly and Lighthouse are the same, nearly all the sand gone and the sand dunes are going as well. There is no sand at all in front of the surf club. One positive though is it's my best Tailor spot when when there is a gutter. Now there is a massive gutter and twice as much rock to fish from. Havent got up to Lennox to have a look but it couldnt be good. I guess it is the same down the coast.
    So far no dead fish on the beaches but time will tell when the flats drain off.

Might have to wait to get onto Sth Ballina Mark. I will have a guess and say the track is washed out.

There was so much water in Riverview Ave last night on the top of the tide that a couple of the local lads were paddling a canoe up and down the the street.....
    looks like another big tide tonight,
    I will get some pics.

Muzz

Hey fellas

last night the water was lapping halfway up my driveway and the tide is bigger tonight,the rivers a mess,i'd imagine there would be some rubbish down south beach,there should be some really good holes and gutters down there when things settle down

Muzz and Mal, you guys could put some baits out near the drains. Might pick up a muddie. Did you see the one the guy got in the street in the Advocate the other week. Interesting to see how far the water comes up tonight.

Pretty wild out there. at least there were no fish kills this time.
    cheers, Steve