Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Some Ballina photos atm

Re: Some Ballina photos atm

Hi Guys.
    The peashooter is no more R.I.P.
    High sticked it today landing a nice fish.
    What was left of it was casting ok, had nil taper but it still had 3 runners on it.
    Went and bought a new one but it just does not have the same vibe, Gonna have to train it!!
    Very dead out there today compared to previous outings.
    Dirty water is getting away.
    Not sure if I am doing the right thing but here it is.
    1.5 metres long and 36kg whole.
    Pardon the background.
    Steve.

Great fish mate...I found a section of pea shooter yesterday and pondered its life momentarily before carrying out a ceremony befitting of its courage....sad isnt it when one has to contemplate if they're doing the right thing by sharing a pic of what is the fish of a lifetime with others.

Good Peashooters are hard to find Mark!
    Bought a new Penn rod in the 6kg range and it seemed a fairly fast taper and I thought it would be okay. sadly it turns out to be lacking somewhat and the tip is just too soft to set the hook even with sharp hooks. The jew inhale the lure and spit it back out before the tip takes up the flex
    pile of junk!
    Going back to Big W to get one the same as I had before, if theres any left!

That is an awsome fish Steve. Mark is right about the pick, sad that it may be knocked by some.
    Well the new stick seemed to work today. I am licking my wounds and bitching about a sore back and dented pride. Oh well guess its character building. Next time maybe.

Hey fellas

thats a monster you should be stoked If people have'nt got anything positive to say about a great catch like that they should keep it to them selves[or something to that affect] a mate of mine got a kingy off north wall lest week

cheers mal

Well its started already.
    I am a 48yo single dad who has a stressful but satisfying career with a government department and I love fishing as a form of fun, relaxation and therapy.
    I do shiftwork so I have lots of time to enjoy my hobby in the hours that most people are doing their 9 to 5 thing.
    I am also a member of a local fishing club and we do the friendly competitive pastime of competing against each other and its a challenge to see who has the skill to outfish other good fishing club members, And it is a SKILL!
    I have weighed in some nice jew lately for the club comp. because of the favourable conditions and also achieved a personal best jewfish as seen in this post.
    I spend a lot of money at local tackle shops buying my fishing gear.
    BUT, What I will not tolerate is being labelled a black market shamateur and being accused of selling fish and taking everyone elses share of fish. This is a complete fallacy fabricated by people who are jealous or whatever.
    I have never sold fish to anyone or swapped it for anything in my life
    My jewfishing mates would disown me if I did that!
    And if I find out that a certain local store owner is helping spread this bulls**t I will never darken his doorway again.
    I have copped a lot of flack from just enjoying my hobby, within the legal boundaries.
    I have helped a heap of people to reach a pinnacle of their lives by catching the fish of their dreams by teaching them the skill of catching jew.
    I have released unharmed more jew than most people catch in their fishing career.
    This may be the last anyone will hear from me in the form of help and reports and letting people know when, where and how to catch these beautiful fish.
    All this has taught me is to do my own thing regardless and keep my mouth shut about what I do to enjoy my life.
    To all my friends and people that support me, Thanks.
    To everyone else, Get a life!!
    Cheers, Steve.
    P.S Mark and Scott. That was an absolute hoot today and thanks for the laughs. Have patience Scott, it will come together big time one day.
    If you guys wish to send me a P.M with your phone numbers, email address or the like and we will work on the technique

Steve - its an awesome fish, thanks for the picture.

Hey Rabbi

don't worry about the knockers there green with envy[and should shut the #$# up]but ya get them in every crowd damit

Dont let it get to you Steve. The way you explained it out there today said it all to those there. Its also a local thing and not the guys here on ausfish. I think they would love to see that fish in the reports ( might be 1 knocker but there always is even with bream, the majority would appreciate the catch )

That was good out there today. Shame for me a lot of the laughs were at my expense, you get that though in fishing when you are the only one not get a thing. I WILL GET ONE THOUGH !!!!
    You have your pm turned off so i will try yahoo when i get it downloaded.

Ahh Steve.....dont really now what to say at this point....well yes I do but the software keeps blankin it out... I dont really give 2 sh#*ts if I catch a fish or not. I Fish to enjoy the company of my mates both new and old. If i catch a fish its a bonus. I had a great arv....with the exception of the gaff mishap (1st fish that Ive seen since 1991 and not had on the Fkn gaff!, I was apprehensive about goin down there with only my work boots on and a sprained ankle from yesterday).
    I have no doubt we will share a long friendship regardless...my email is mark31068@h*tmail.com.
    As an aside... actually you should of had a throw with "MY" short rod I rkn its got your's covered!!!!

Thanks guys,
    Sorry bout that outburst as I was so pissed of yesterday that I didnt mind telling those people that I dont give a @$*% what they thought.
    I enjoyed what transpired out there as thats what getting out there is all about, having fun regardless of what is caught, or lost at the gaff just ribbing you yesterday about that cause I like to see them swim off but next time point the hook at the fish>. Some of the timing was spot on. Scott wont say anything from here on in if he gets a bump hey!
    One of the blokes that had a go at me yesterday went out this morning and there were 6 jew fishos out there and they got zip! And one of them had the hide to ring me up this morning to ask me what they were doing wrong!!! GEEZ!! what morons!!
    Keep your eyes peeled for an upcoming article in the Bush and Beach mag as I heard there may be a story bout black market jew in ballina in it and its sposed to be aimed at me for weighing in a couple of nice jew for my club. There are some bored , sad people out there.
    I hate to be labelled when nothing is based on fact.
    Mark, you need to cut at least a metre of that rod as the one I used yesterday was only 1.8 metres.
    Dont laugh but my email address is Lockjaw@exemail.com.au
    If you go out the same time as we were there yesterday you will get fish today.
    cheers,steve.

Bahahaha...mite help if i take the hose of the end nxt time to ......its OK Scott I wont tell anyone you slipped me $20 to make sure it swam off...

......its OK Scott I wont tell anyone you slipped me $20 to make sure it swam off...

If you go out the same time as we were there yesterday you will get fish today"
    "

......glad i stayed home mate

That is one hell of a jew. Pretty envious of you guys getting onto them so consistently. Sounds like you really have them sussed. Lots of hours spent fishing for them no doubt. Shame you wont be sharing some of your insight in to these fish anymore. Congrats on an absolutely cracking fish. Ben