Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Some Ballina photos atm

Re: Some Ballina photos atm

Not wrong Steve. Hopefully we go a couple of years before we get hit with another fish kill. Nice jews in those photos too.
    Scott

Hi again and thanks Scott,
    I am surprised that anyone would be out there fishing in those conditions.
    There is only one bloke I know that would be mad enough to go out when its like that and that would probly be that Rabbi person with the flouro yellow rainpants and flannelette shirt..
    Was that you with the young bloke?
    I got hit about 3 times but they had too much mud in their eyes.
    There were more jew around while the water was muddy than when it cleared up and they are all but gone now.
    At least they shifted the navigation buoy off the south wall that had washed down in the flood. Had a hell of a time playing a fish around that one.
    cheers, Steve.

Serious that was you out there. You must be keen. I didnt think there would be anything in there, you might see me next time then. Yeh i took my son down for a walk and also up to boulders. He loves it. Cant wait till he is old enough to go for a fish out there with me and neither can he. That marker buoy gave me a suprise when i went out there the other week. There is one down at Iluka as well.

Hi again,
    Yeah, I was surprised that there were jew out there with the thickness of the crap in the water but honest, there was a school of big jew erupted in the thick muddy water the next day after you took the pics and there must have been 20 or 30 of them. I got an 18kg jew on an S.P and they fired up for the next few days and then were gone and are still gone now.
    A few mates of mine got some good fish in the dirty water too.
    The ocean has reclaimed quite a few metres of sand dune on all local beaches and I am surprised the Ballina bar has not sanded up. It had to go somewhere!
    My 15 year old is just taking an interest in jewing but I dont know if I would be such a good teacher with safety on the rocks
    Too much of a mountain goat myself!
    Cheers, Steve.

Hey Steve i think i met you on sth wall when Mark and his mate were out there. i was the one who turned up late and missed all the fun.
    Sand is still gone from the beaches. There is no low tide at shelly, the water is high all day it has been stripped that bad.
    At 15 i'm suprised he doesnt just knock your gear of and go by himself.

Ok, I remember you now,
    Yeah jewing is a precise art as they are more punctual than most people I know.
    I might have to lock up the jew lures when cayden gets his car licence >
    Too far for him to ride his mountain bike from Alstonville. Be ok going down the cutting >
    Cheers

Nothin Steve...shoulda turned around when I saw you. A 6 inch graze down my right shin from a jump gone wrong didnt motivate me much either. The wind made it near impossible to fish with any feel. left at 1ish a bit sore and sorry.

Bugger,
    There is a load of junk around out there so its a bit hard at the moment. i must have left at the right time.
    I took a knock to my left leg a few days back under my wet gear and the rocks must be getting harder as it did not feel too bad when i did it but i got a nasty cut and a lump that looked like half a tennis ball ( cept not yellow).
    steve.

Dont spose your going out early tomorrow Steve. Might do an early start.
    Scott

Hi Scott,
    just finished work.
    Going out 2moro but dont rush there is nothing there at dawn.
    Wonder how Stonecold went today?
    You will probably here of what transpired with me today as news travels fast along the fishos grapevine.
    Took the Peashooter( bream rod) for a run and caught a fish the size of a small mini van!!
    Cheers, Steve

Cheers Steve. I will have a coffee then go. We did no good yesterday. We got there just as you were going over the ferry. Only stayed for a couple of hours.
    Scott

The car looked a bit lop sided on the way over steve!

Now im waitin to see a pic of ballina's loche ness monster

Yeh me too. Brett from bbt said it was huge. Are you having a funeral for the pea shooter.... Seems to caught fish well above its weight but its a bit short now

Oh and Mark thanks again for the texts today. I will get one soon......... i hope.

Managed 2 from 7 this arv Steve.....hot bite for 20 thn nothin