Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Mags We Read

Re: Mags We Read

Just a quick one why the heck would you put up a picture of a fish with your head on the catcher photo... Am I missing something you blokes( pin, reef) who know the fella in this he is missing the one thing we all know "Its fishing" and the one thing we look for in a mag is honesty and good info....

It was a article in a mag that could and would have been just fine with the true catcher of the fish in the picture. That is it! He mucked up he cops it, does not matter who or what hes done, look at any public figure if the stuff up everyone knows in that circle depending on how well know they are, just like this bloke in the fishing circle....

As for why its in the fresh section well I fish 98% fresh and I put the topic up about just that,mags that us sweetwater blokes read, and it just so happens this wally put up a doctored picture in one of those mags....

To the topic at hand.. Pinhead can you put a link to a few of these doctored pic on here I am sure we would all like to see... A bit like celebrity head

Nath

every pic that has the background blacked has been photoshopped ...you can go and search through all the pics and work it out for yourself.
    and how about the pics where the faces have been blacked out or covered in some way ???

You are right.."It's fishing"..to the vast majority on here it is or should be a pastime..a relaxation..some seem to take it oh so seriously.

If this is how it appears ........ & yes I'm keen to hear all sides of the story too

Then we should expect a printed explanation & appology in BnB.

There is no way that this should be swept under the carpet or ignored just because the person involved is a good bloke , contributor , humanitarian -whatever ........

& If it is true - Then that person should walk away in disgrace ..... as they were party to (directly or indirectly) to what many of us see as fraud .

Chris
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO

Bring back smallunit.................Bring back smallunit...................bring back smallunit.......cha cha cha.............

Pete

Quote Originally Posted by PinHead View Post
    every pic that has the background blacked has been photoshopped ...you can go and search through all the pics and work it out for yourself.
    and how about the pics where the faces have been blacked out or covered in some way ???

You are right.."It's fishing"..to the vast majority on here it is or should be a pastime..a relaxation..some seem to take it oh so seriously.
    theres a difference between blacking out a back ground to keep a spot unknown, then copying someones elses fish and putting yourself in the pic.

by the way looking back at some old pics i dont know if its just me but it looks a bit suss i think near the stomach of fish and near fingers and angle what are your thoughts i might be wrong.
    U can see his white shirt collar through top of the fishes back.

Quote Originally Posted by NAGG View Post
    If this is how it appears ........ & yes I'm keen to hear all sides of the story too

Then we should expect a printed explanation & appology in BnB.

There is no way that this should be swept under the carpet or ignored just because the person involved is a good bloke , contributor , humanitarian -whatever ........

& If it is true - Then that person should walk away in disgrace ..... as they were party to (directly or indirectly) to what many of us see as fraud .

Chris
    I still don't get it Chris.... where did you read, hear, etc where this has been " swept under the carpet " ???? Where has it been ignored... jeez people, has anyone read what I have posted up ??????

Unless you can prove otherwise, by means of legal interpretation, the fraud or the use of the word fraud, in this case is mis-used.... ..

Some of you people are like the vultures hovering, waiting for the next fall from grace. You really need to go out and buy a goss girlie mag and chill.

You say he should walk away in disgrace because of a mistake, an error in judgement.

I hereby challenge you to lead the way. Ever made a blue at work ? Ever made a blue raising kids, in a relationship, driving a car or even ' stretching ' the truth of the size of a fish you caught ? If you haven't, then I take my hat off to you and bow humbly.

I still cannot believe so many here are asking for blood, proclaiming guilt and so on, WITHOUT even knowing 1/10th of the facts.

You know what is most disappointing.? ....... I am actually responding to this thread

Phill

l.
    Kingfisher Painting Solutions:- Domestic and Commercial.

For further information, contact details, quotes or advice - Click Here

Quote Originally Posted by PinHead View Post

You're scraping the bottom of the barrel now Pinhead.
    As extracter said, there's no comparison between hiding a background and completely overriding someone elses capture.........................and putting it in a mag!!!! Irrespective of who did what whenever it was done!

You sound as though you condone what's been done.

Quote Originally Posted by jackextracter View Post
    theres a difference between blacking out a back ground to keep a spot unknown, then copying someones elses fish and putting yourself in the pic.

by the way looking back at some old pics i dont know if its just me but it looks a bit suss i think near the stomach of fish and near fingers and angle what are your thoughts i might be wrong.
    I wonder whos fish that really was

I said someone has made an error of judgement...as most of us do often but apparently some are just so high and mighty...damn it must be great to be perfect.
    What is the difference between a pic (any pic) altered and put in a magazine or altered and put on here..all public domain..no difference whatsoever.

I better not comment on this any more..it is obvious us mere mortals should not be mixing with the exalted perfect ones amongst us.

I would just like to offer my support to Brian ( Webby) regardless of what happened with the pic in b'nb ( his doing or others) Brian has alway been really helpful to me and many many others on this site and simply does not deserve some of the post that proceed this one. Really get a grip people , and lets see what actually happened before we make the gibbet!

Ian
    Alcohol doesn't agree with me, but i sure do enjoy the argument!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky_Phill View Post
    I still don't get it Chris.... where did you read, hear, etc where this has been " swept under the carpet " ???? Where has it been ignored... jeez people, has anyone read what I have posted up ??????

Unless you can prove otherwise, by means of legal interpretation, the fraud or the use of the word fraud, in this case is mis-used.... ..

Some of you people are like the vultures hovering, waiting for the next fall from grace. You really need to go out and buy a goss girlie mag and chill.

You say he should walk away in disgrace because of a mistake, an error in judgement.

I hereby challenge you to lead the way. Ever made a blue at work ? Ever made a blue raising kids, in a relationship, driving a car or even ' stretching ' the truth of the size of a fish you caught ? If you haven't, then I take my hat off to you and bow humbly.

I still cannot believe so many here are asking for blood, proclaiming guilt and so on, WITHOUT even knowing 1/10th of the facts.

You know what is most disappointing.? ....... I am actually responding to this thread

Phill

l.
    Phill As I wrote on the first line "I'm keen to hear all sides of the story" so " No" judgement has been made on my behalf at this stage & my response uses the word "If" it is true & what we should expect.

Clearly - There are some that are quite willing to fob off what has occurred , based on who the person is !
    Now The reality is , this issue is now in the public domain & the person is well known .......... many of us are keen to know what really happened & not for wanting to see someone fall from grace !
    ......... If it did happen - that fall from grace will be self perpetuated.
    My concern is the credibility of the magazines etc that I buy or may choose to buy! .....

As for making mistakes , errors in judgement etc etc ...... Yes of course !

Yes this issue would be a error in judgement (at best) but this issue goes beyond that as it was meant to deceive.... Fraud maybe -maybe not ....... What about a form of plagiarism .
    Lets see what happens

Chris
    Teach him how to fish
    TEAM MOJIKO

Whatever happened someone needs to take responsibility for their actions be it Webby or BnB. Don't matter if Ben or Brian are good blokes.

Mods must be mellowing - they were quick to ban a mate of mine a few years back without all the facts

If the guy who caught the fish photoshopped a photo of Webby's from BnB and posted it in a report.....

What would happen to him??????

I have no express interest in it other than knowing the guy who caught it is a very good fisherman, and is quite annoyed that his efforts have been misrepresented.

Shane

Quote Originally Posted by NAGG View Post
    This subject & the following posts leads to one of my pet hates ....... Honesty in the fishing media. I know its media in general , but fishing is where I really notice the discrepencies - be it cash / product for comment , product placement , fictional reports , doctored photos etc ......... Its been getting worst over the years & the quality of the journalism has slipped -
    These days too many see themselves as budding writers or video makers - lured by the thought of making a living out of it or just obtaining some sort of sponsorship . Combined with so many magazines / journals on the market there is only a limited amount of subject material .....Often what we end up with a rehash of a rehash. The next time you see an article or photo plagiarised / bastardised / photoshopped or fictionalised wont be the last .

I think this is why I've only bought 1 magazine this year !

Chris
    Sadly this might be true but not in all cases. There are magazines out there that ply an honest trade. They have a stable of contributors that earn nothing more than what amounts to beer money for doing something they enjoy, and at the end of the day being paid to do something you enjoy is nearly too good to be true.

The contributors are nobody in particular so owe nobody anything, except perhaps loyalty to the magazine. They stand by what they write and the photos they submit because their peers are not the media but the blokes they fish with and the guy next door.

They'll always admit that the story they wrote 10 years ago would be written differently if they did it today, as you'd expect when learning only stops the day you die.

They tell a good yarn and can cunningly weave into the story a lot of good information, sometimes you need to read it more than once to separate the story from the good oil. Throw up the wall before you turn a page and it'll plum evade you.

If journalism has declined in the fishing magazine industry, it's happened at an executive/editorial level where the standards are set. Support what's good reject what's sh1t.

btw contributors are not often journalists, as journalism is a trade. most are just people who like writing and prepared to have a go. A good editor will recognise that and cultivate the talant as it appears.

Quote Originally Posted by Dick Pasfield View Post
    Sadly this might be true but not in all cases. There are magazines out there that ply an honest trade. They have a stable of contributors that earn nothing more than what amounts to beer money for doing something they enjoy, and at the end of the day being paid to do something you enjoy is nearly too good to be true.

The contributors are nobody in particular so owe nobody anything, except perhaps loyalty to the magazine. They stand by what they write and the photos they submit because their peers are not the media but the blokes they fish with and the guy next door.

They'll always admit that the story they wrote 10 years ago would be written differently if they did it today, as you'd expect when learning only stops the day you die.

They tell a good yarn and can cunningly weave into the story a lot of good information, sometimes you need to read it more than once to separate the story from the good oil. Throw up the wall before you turn a page and it'll plum evade you.

If journalism has declined in the fishing magazine industry, it's happened at an executive/editorial level where the standards are set. Support what's good reject what's sh1t.

btw contributors are not often journalists, as journalism is a trade. most are just people who like writing and prepared to have a go. A good editor will recognise that and cultivate the talant as it appears.
    Thanks Dick

What you have said is quite correct ......
    I didn't really want to use journalists (it implies professionalism ) but I couldn't think of another description...........
    Regardless of remuneration ....... Contributors / writers / journalists need to step up to the plate & show some integrity in their articles . I dont know about you , but I dont buy fishing publications for fictional reading .

Cheers

Chris
    Teach him how to fish
    TEAM MOJIKO