Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Mags We Read

Re: Mags We Read

Very interesting.

If Webb didn't shop the pic, someone obviously has, otherwise legal proceedings would not be happening.

Whatever is the case, unfortunately for Webb, his credibility has been damaged badly by this "incident".

Yeah nice Phil

Its good you have not removed the thread, and why would you this is a fishing forum for fishos to discuss the world of fishing and it just so happens bad stuff happens in fishing too can't be all peachy

There was no intent on that one instance when the thread was started just so happened to be a case of bad timing for the fella involved.....

The tall poppy choppers well that I dont agree with ya its thier choise to put themselves in the spot light so they have to be prepared to take the critics, and then you have this case well. As for the other published mags with spiced up pics etc yes we all know and many are going through legal battles as we speak for the same thing.

I think what annoyed most in this case is that it Fishing which is a passionate simple pleasure that need not branch off down the road of the gossip type mags, with inhanced pics or what ever the case maybe.

I no this fella has learned from this and I hope it sends a message to anyone else who has intent on doing it. Pictures are the image of the article and need not be the authors.

Cheers Phil for your input I hope all come out well

thanks phil, and Webby if this is NOT your doing, i apoligise for my remarks and wish you the best for the future...hope bnb sort it out and it doesnt happen again..archive pics im fine with ,, stuff like what happened shouldnt,,..
    over and out ...deano..
    God put me on earth to accomplish
    a certain number of things,
    right now i am so far behind
    i will never die.

Legal action over a fish photo. Really????Whats next. Some one reads an article on how to catch barra at monduran, so they spent a heap of money on gear, getting there and accomodation but caught nothing, what so now they will sue the mag for misleading information. I see a lot of posts on this site talking about "The aussie way". Is this what they are talking about??

I agree with Dicks comments about what, when and how things should be done and he also had good points about how mistakes can happen in the edit process. But really everyone makes mistakes, does dumb things and passes poor judgement for what seems like a good idea at the time. We are not robots.

By the way, I reckon Im owed about 2 grand following 3 trips to mondran for not a single barra. Hmmmmmm ......better go check who wrote that article.

By the way, I have no idea who the hell the people involved are and have no vested interests here.

Birko

This subject & the following posts leads to one of my pet hates ....... Honesty in the fishing media. I know its media in general , but fishing is where I really notice the discrepencies - be it cash / product for comment , product placement , fictional reports , doctored photos etc ......... Its been getting worst over the years & the quality of the journalism has slipped -
    These days too many see themselves as budding writers or video makers - lured by the thought of making a living out of it or just obtaining some sort of sponsorship . Combined with so many magazines / journals on the market there is only a limited amount of subject material .....Often what we end up with a rehash of a rehash. The next time you see an article or photo plagiarised / bastardised / photoshopped or fictionalised wont be the last .

I think this is why I've only bought 1 magazine this year !

Chris
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO

Hi Guys I would just like to say regardless of whose error it is/was in my opinion Brian Webb is one of the best writers around. He fishes one if not the most heavily populated areas there is and how that man can write such informative articles every month for donkey years is a true credit to him. How many people have read his articles and put Brian’s knowledge into practice and benefited from it? I bet there’s a ship load and not to mention all the talks and presentations he has conducted over the years which fill all the seats in the place.

The amount of time and effort required to write monthly articles and perform presentations at fishing/boating shows would be quite surprising to many and I know from seeing Brian’s work that a massive amount of time and effort goes into it. Weather conditions, dead lines, time away from loved ones and money out of your own pocket to do such things is just some part of the game (hey I recently lost my marriage partially due to my fishing and my eagerness to provide articles every month) and regardless of who is responsible for this error I think all the readers and supporters should not bad mouth or discredit the man but continue to learn from his experiences. People want to take away his credit for years of hard work but how’s it fair that Brian can't take back all the knowledge that thousands now use and have improved there fishing with...

I'm in no way supporting the mistake and I know most writers wouldn't nor would BushnBeach but give the guy a bloody break will you for Christ sake.

Regards,
    Greg Lamprecht

I really hope we don't have to wait til the next issue of bnb to read the explaination of this incident.

good post Greg..and who really cares about a bloody pic..wow..someone made a mistake..big bloody deal.
    Webby is a good mate of mine and will stay that way regardless of some pic and all those that want to hang draw and quarter the bloke..must be fantastic never to have made a mistake or error of judgement in ones life.

what i dont understand is, when one of us guys that have really caught the fish and not stolen it from some one else, put up a pic and just black out centain features to stop every man and his dog turning up there, we get flamed and called a liar get heaps of warnings and even banned, but he dose this and the post that was put up on here gets dealeted straight up and looks like it has been covered up , something needs to be done if a banning or something dose not occur then this site is full of it....

Boo hoo
    It stinks.
    Regardles of who it is.
    If it wasnt every bodies best mate and fellow magazine contributor, would the posts be differant?
    Will I be banned for going against what seems to be popular opinion?
    Not chopping at tall poppies here, I couldnt give a flying .... about who the person is.
    It stinks.
    My opinion, Im sure the bloke in the doctored/altered/photo shopped pic is a lovely man full of informative fishing wisdom, and willing to share with all.
    When I put up a modified pic that shows me holding a fish caught by some one else, and I dont insert a caption declaring I have digitally altered the pic, then stone me.
    who moded the pic?
    did all the people involved know the pic was modified, and was going to be used?
    who gave the pic to the magazine?
    who vetted the article to say it was allrite to publish?
    easy questions, legal smeagel, who will answer?
    Thats it, I will now sit back and watch this one "evolve"

Quote Originally Posted by BR65 View Post
    Boo hoo
    It stinks.
    Regardles of who it is.
    If it wasnt every bodies best mate and fellow magazine contributor, would the posts be differant?
    Will I be banned for going against what seems to be popular opinion?
    Not chopping at tall poppies here, I couldnt give a flying .... about who the person is.
    It stinks.
    My opinion, Im sure the bloke in the doctored/altered/photo shopped pic is a lovely man full of informative fishing wisdom, and willing to share with all.
    When I put up a modified pic that shows me holding a fish caught by some one else, and I dont insert a caption declaring I have digitally altered the pic, then stone me.
    who moded the pic?
    did all the people involved know the pic was modified, and was going to be used?
    who gave the pic to the magazine?
    who vetted the article to say it was allrite to publish?
    easy questions, legal smeagel, who will answer?
    Thats it, I will now sit back and watch this one "evolve"
    as I said before..one bloody pic..who really cares..and if anyone thinks anything can be done legally..forget it...that won't happen.
    To be perfectly honest i have seen that many bodgied pics on reports here over the years which is nothing different.

Anyway, I have said my bit..no more to add...better things to do with my time than worry about that.

Why is this in here anyways, mods should of moved it to general chat, its got nothing to do with freshwater dose it.

So Im not seen to be hiding behind a net name

BR65 = Brian Rake

You are entitled to your opinion BR65.

As stated by me, the answers will come in good time and sooner rather than later, I hope.

" What i dont understand is, when one of us guys that have really caught the fish and not stolen it from some one else, put up a pic and just black out centain features to stop every man and his dog turning up there, we get flamed and called a liar get heaps of warnings and even banned, but he dose this and the post that was put up on here gets dealeted straight up and looks like it has been covered up , something needs to be done if a banning or something dose not occur then this site is full of it.... "

Jack... what can I say..... you say you get ' flamed ' for blacking out backgrounds ? OK, other members flame you, you either ignore them or report them... that ones solved.

You get warnings ???? for posting up a pic ???? I have never issued a warning or banning for that, maybe you could enlighten me and direct me to the case / cases you allude to ?

The post was not deleted, as you state, but removed from the public arena and NOT covered up. As I stated, if you read my post, the wording in the topic heading was suggesting a serious offence with legal ramifications. I was duty bound to remove it and investigate it. The person who posted the offending thread was contacted and asked for time for me to find out what exactly happened , but he has chosen to ignore this and go down the ' legal ' path.

You ask for a banning to come out of this ? and who should be in the firing line ?

Me for removing the thread ?

webby, who has not posted on here about this ?

person " x ', we'll call him for posting up a topic that in essence, leaves HIM open for legal options due to the serious nature of the suggestive heading on said topic ?

Maybe I should ban reefmaster and pinhead etc for making sensible comments and offering opinions that reflect the majority's thoughts ?

I shouldn't even be responding to these types of offerings.

Please wait until the people involved put things straight and present their side of the story. Is that too much to ask ?

Let's try and get back to this threads topic of discussion.

Cheers Phill
    Kingfisher Painting Solutions:- Domestic and Commercial.

For further information, contact details, quotes or advice - Click Here

ok then enough said then, i dont really care who gets banned or what not anymore, i just have one question for ya, everyone remembers smallunit why is it he got banned then, was it for his photo editing or what for then??????????????????????