Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: its raining snapper!

Re: its raining snapper!

haha i dont know how much someone would pay for one lol still prob not enough to pay for the man hours, should i start a new thread on this im interested to see if anyone else is into making reels, what do you guys think?

JJ
    Alvey bling.
    Bloody beautiful.

g'day jj.
    i'm not an alvey fan but i gotta tell ya mate,they are something special...a reel work of art...no pun intended..lol.if i had one of those i'd mount it with a couple of old rods i've got
    me thinks it's a bit more than just whittling mate.
    cheers to you and your old man for being so handy and skilled.

dave

JJ,
    Thanks for showing the reels.. Nice work. The spools look great.

Heading over there in a few weeks to have a crack at some fish... i came accross this post scouring the forums.. nice fish bud.. all the people calling you nuts climbing in there need to check the ledges a ton of people fish including me fish down at jervis bay... great fish though mate and getting to a spot like that is a massive part of the whole experience and the fish are often a bonus
    dont knock on deaths door... ring the doorbell and run... death hates that!!

JJ,

mate, they are great snapper to land off the rocks.

Sort of miss rock fishing in Brisbane, used to do it all the time nsw south coast..

to quote a motorcycle mate of mine.

"Of courses they're faster than me, they're young, fit and fearless; Im old fat and scared"

Regards
    HOnda.

stay off the weed those fish are not 8 and 9 kgs you are kidding only yourself !Some mothers do have em

seriosly why would you post that. You can see this guy is Proud of his heritage and the effort him and his oldman spend Together in getting these quality fish.... Wow those alveys are awesome.... awesome fish mate... i would be very proud of your effort mate

dame00 you need to read the whole post buddy... like mum used to say.. havent got anything nice to say dont say it
    dont knock on deaths door... ring the doorbell and run... death hates that!!

JJ's my hero there is nothing he can't do. but an alvey is an alvey and JJ's is a copy be interesting on the patent.

Always an insane post from you and you didnt let us down. It must be hard getting around that rock and then haul them up 12 feet but you got it sussed eh. There are some snapper around but oly you know how to get those suckers out. Well done DD.....

Its been a good winter so far, this weekend was rough but the fish couldnt have been thicker, heaps of tailor, bream, schoolies down the southern end and a couple of big jewies of the rocks no big snapper just a few round the 4kg mark, had to be back home for work on sunday, such a shame

good to see you are still around mate, don't let these haters get you down. enjoy the reports, please post some new stuff.

Im still here and there, the fishing and MUDDIES have been keeping me busy, it was the best season i've ever had for the muddies i couldnt give them away i have some top pics

mate how big are some of those tailor, so fat. Uncle and his crew were over there last week. Pulled a cobe off one of the sharks too. They painted a boat, i think near your joint, in between beach sessions