jj
    believe it or not this site used to be fun to post on
    well done and don't let the green eyed monsters get to ya
    cheers swano

Re: its raining snapper!

sssssshhhhhhh just jack, its real scary in a boat 2

G'day justjack

Do you have a spare seat for another in your 4WD, I would love to come over to Moreton Island and have a go at catching some snapper. I'll chip in for fuel.

Send me a pm.

Peter

JJ
    You certainly worked for those fish . Climbing down cliffs in the dark in those conditions is pretty extreme.
    Those Snapps like the rocks during a bit of a blow don't they. Is that the only times you try for them?
    A Proud Member of
    "The Rebel Alliance"

some great fish there, that is one big drop

Thinking outside the square.

Your rewards will be many.

Excellent post and right attitude.... keep up the good work. JJ.

Cheers Phill
    Kingfisher Painting Solutions:- Domestic and Commercial.

For further information, contact details, quotes or advice - Click Here

Hey JJ, great catch mate!! Far better then anything I manage to produce but the effort is generally rewarded.

Any one can answer this one if they know, due to not ever having seen a big Snap caught or up close (fish shop excluded) what sort of length and wgt ratio is there. I've always measured fish in length and wouldn't know weights. Eg is a 50cm fish 3-4kilos on avg etc.

I always see the great photos on the sight and can't visualise how big they actually are when a wgt is mentioned with no length.

Cheers and well done again!!!

Bermo

hey horse i do fish the rocks when its carm but mate 1/10 times i might get fish as i said i do get big jew of the rocks aswell and the big jewies seem to like a calmer night with a dark moon i find the bigger the waves and wash the better the snapper though after bad weather like this there def around for a week or so picking up the scraps, when its calm i just spin for trevs and tailor then fish for bream at night, bermo ive never measure the length of my fish to tell you the truth the only snapper ive measures was my PB and that was 112cm but only because he was BIG

Used to do this stuff in my younger year's many moon's ago.
    With the way laws have changed, and the anti's holding more power then us, what are the legal remification's for this site that have endorsed this activity should people go to this headland and come to grief?.

Cheer's BAT.

I love rock /cliff fishing , getting there can be as good as fishing itself , nice catch , thanks for your report keep em comin
    Gold Coast , Queensland. Paradise!

Jesus what a read to get through all of that. Very nice fish mate and i love the spot. What makes me wonder is that people dont trust your judgement in your local turf. From previous posts it is clear that you and your family have fished this area for years and hence the results and safe return. Good luck to you.

With the way laws have changed, and the anti's holding more power then us, what are the legal remification's for this site that have endorsed this activity should people go to this headland and come to grief?.
    What. Who gives a rats ar$e. If we did we would be like one of the anti's. This site isn't endorsing anything but fishing in my mind

Well done mate. I cannot believe how many people dont take this stuff at face value...I mean a person would have to be pretty sad to make up a fishing story and post it up...

Cheers and again well done.

far out mate they are some decent snaps.
    well done in pullin them in.did well.congrats
    cheers
    simo

No worries JJ,

No wonder you measured the PB, thats a big snap. Id measure any fish that went 112cm:-) Not that i have ever worry about that to due to my amazing ability of catching fish just under size. hehe

Cheers

Great catch mate. You know what to do, you have the local knowledge. The Ring cemented into the rock with the rope for safety is a great idea. Do you use the Alvey E series reel off the rocks? A mate swears by them for the beach as well.