Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: its raining snapper!

Re: its raining snapper!

Those fish are amazing mate, especially off the stones. Me & the missus love fishing over at Moreton but have never given the rocks much of a go before. After this report I will definately be giving them a good go next time I'm there.

That is an interesting walk to catch some fish . How much longer does it take you to do when you go at night.

Probably a stupid question, but why dont you walk along the top to the spot?? I'm assuming that you are fishing from the spot where you have the arrow pointing up?? Never been to Moreton so don't know what the cliffs along there look like.

cheers

I'll have to remember to take a tripod with me next time I fish.....

Seems like Jacks reports are no different from the many trips that me and a lot of my mates had many years ago....along the headlands of the NSW coast from SW Rocks to Eden.....when we were young, dumb and full of cu*#...well you know what i mean. The old timers and conservatives didnt believe us then either..and that was the days before the internet......until you dropped the catch at their feet and said 'weigh that'. What a crock of sh#t to want every pic to be date stamped with background in pic, showing weather conditions etc....when there are many members on this site who post pics with photo shopped pics blacking out backgrounds and faces so they dont reveal their 'true identity' or reveal the 'spot x' and that is accepted. Double standards people.

Sorry....soapbox vacated.

Keep posting Justjack. Look forward to many more reports.

Greg

hi jack.

i'm stoked for you mate.good haul of fish,especially in the wild conditions we've

just had.

it takes me back to when i was a younger bloke in southern nsw,around jarvis

bay.we were just as crazy back then.

love the dedication to our great sport.dont let the post nazi's get on your case.

one thing i will ask mate and thats to take care.the older we get the safer we

get.previous sugestions regarding life vests and bike helmuts are a good

idea.might'nt look real flash but who cares it might just make the difference. a

couple of good nobby rod benders are'nt worth the risk.

cheers mate and stay safe.

dave

Thanks for the post JJ, top work from the rocks.
    In the past we got quality snapps from the stones at Noosa and given the amount of snapps caught around Moreton I have no doubt, keep the posts coming
    cheers - Craig

Big effort JJ. Well done.

I always forget to take the tripod when I go out in the boat

Holy crap now that is dedication and what a way to surprise you with some big boyz like that. I am speechless. A trip to morton in the 4b is the only way i could get to those big brutes with only a tinny with a 25 hourse but i wouldn't like to wash the hilux into the surf. Good fish there and you are a legend. Cheers justjack.

Balls of steel Jack.
    I wonder how many of the nay-sayers have the physical ability to achieve what you did, let alone the mindset
    Very well done ,,, reward for effort.

To those that question the bloke ,, unless you have never over-estimated the size of a fish PULL YOUR HEADS IN!!!

Nice fish although they are no where near 9kg.

Mate that is classic qld fishing, the traditional style, wind, salt spray, dodgy location , baits getting smashed hard and good fish spinning the Alvey under your palm, epic trip, onya, keep it up, let the weaner brigade cry foul they are just jealous !!!
    Wish I could have been there !!
    Cheers !!

well at the rate this behemoth of a post was rattling along at i just had to stick my head in and commit to a full read through.....

and just quielty i must say fine effort young son, do you absail down that cliff or actually like scale/rocklime it down? u wouldnt of wanted to have had 2 big a night, the night before going on an endeavour like that, thats 4 sure

and good on u4 living life how u tink it should b lived, not how other people think it should be lived

unreal catch mate mate go hard or go home aye!!!
    top stuff

the photo's are taken from the fishing spot the arrows indicate the walk back to the car, i free climb up and down the rock using my rod as a balance tool ive come to the conclusions to shoes cant compare to bare foot i feel alot safer, i have a big O-ring my dad cemented in the rocks 30 years ago that i tie my rope to and then thats tied to me, the worst thing about the trips is the cold not even a rain coat can keep you dry and in winter its terible i actually dicovered this place fishing for jew theres alot of jew there but the snapper just smash you before the jew can, its to hard to carry jew back anyway the old fishing club use to fish this place a bit but know no one goes there, theres a big rock 15m of the headland we call elaphant rock we use to swim to that just before dark and then sleep the night its the best place to fish because its 30ft deep of the edge and its easier to land big fish but as you can imagine its not nice swimming just before dark in winter

Congratulations on a superb session! My hat is tipped.

Cuzza