Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: its raining snapper!

Re: its raining snapper!

Yep, can't say your not keen or a tad insane, but what the hell you got some great fish. Great stuff
    Maturity is not when we start speaking BIG things,it is when we start understanding small things

Mate that is one hard-core session! Fortune sure favors the bold alright! Inspirational stuff to see your efforts so well rewarded.
    Fantastic snapper to take off the rocks, I reckon you'll long remember that session, any angler would be very, very proud to have that memory!
    Cheers.

do i have to put my hand on a bible somewhere...... just let me know where it is

ill say it again there was a gap in the clouds for 20mins or so thats why i took a pic of the fish on the rocks why would i wait till now to post about this if it wasnt true, if you knew exactly where i fished you would know im very protected from the elements especially when im sitting behind a 80ft cliff yes i now beleive the fish may have been smaller then i thought the old scales we have are rusty as sh%t and when i weighed one of my tailor last night it weighed 9lb and on the kitchen scales it weighed 6lb, they where def around the 6-7kg mark though they werent small fish, any more questions?

Big difference between 6kg and 9 mate, snapper weight's are taken pretty seriously in this neck of the woods. Youd get a job on a charter boat with estimations like that.
    All the same well done for off the rocks ... foxy

Quote Originally Posted by uglyfish View Post
    still dont beleve the sun bit buddy,i really dont mean to shoot ya thread down and ive said this 3 times now there certainatly are good fish..not questioning if u caught em or not,just the time they were caught is all..
    Being a bit pedantic mate. They were caught the day before yesterday.

Sun, no sun, who' gives a rats. I'd be happy to just catch a legal one from the stones.

Dave
    Avast ye matey!

i wounder why people dont post reports as much as they used to.

neil

Maybe cause the weather has been crap for so long , the tribe gets restless and a bit agro,

thanks for the report justjack, and enjoy your fresh snapper

Nice fish mate no matter what the size maybe....
    planning the next onslaught 6.5m Profish
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Some great fish and some brilliant fishing done, nice work. Unlucky about the lost fish but i would be over the top with what you got.
    Breaming is my LIFE!!!

well ill make a deal with everyone then ill only post a report when i have a satalite shot of the weather, photo of a wind sock browing the right direction, a water temp reading, a photo from every angle on the compass a, direct measurement of the fish, ill get a stainless steal scale so she dont rust and ill take 5 photos next to that days paper and sign in blood, i know how hard it is to beleive but i have 50 witnesses from all the locals at moreton even old brownie knows about my snapper catches because he has his house 100m behind ours, alls i can give you is my word and the truth you take it as you may im use to not being beleived ive taken a few people that i trust and they still say to this day thats the best fishing they have ever had, open your minds a bit it wont be the last post that will make you wonder

That's a mighty effort to land those suckers on rocks.
    People have to understand sometie the bites are hot,taking fotos is the last thing on the angler mind. whether they're 10kgs or 2kgs, The end result is still impressive.
    Humility is not a weather condition.

Ah JustJack dont be a worrying about the people who does not believe you..............personally I have never let the truth get in the way of a good story and you be telling a very good story. The world needs people like you - young - enthusiastic - willing to go out on a limb and with a sense of wonder.

You be fighting the elements, you drove the Landie over the newly birthed coffee rock, you climbed the rocks, you caught the fish - you cut their throats - you bled them into the sea - you posted the story - matey be proud that you now have three pages of thread - you have achieved a lot - your post has people talking - keyboards flashing and phone calls amongst Ausfish members...you not only caught some good fish - you captured some Ausfish...sleep well knowing that reality is only what you want it to be.arrrrrrh.........Geeb

spoken like i true pirate... i think

***edit***
    Last edited by Pistol_P; 22-05-2009 at 09:59 AM. Reason: Mods request