Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Off topic BBQ- Other meats?

Off topic BBQ- Other meats?

If there is interest and the moderators will allow,
    I am willing to put up the way I do slow cooked roast,s in Lamb , Beef, pork and Chicken.
    Anyone with hooded BBQ or webbber can do it.
    I will give full details to ensure an expert result that will have friends and family demanding you to cook up a storm every time.
    Im not in the BBQ industry, I will just give what works for me.
    Once a Mod consents I will get to work.

Re: Off topic BBQ- Other meats?

I suppose we've all done at one time or another what you are suggesting....I think it's a great idea.....throwing around ideas and picking up tips.....a few Camp oven ideas won't hurt
    Good Mates....Good Food.....Good Fishing....Priceless

yes please!

can't see any reason anyone would mind, it is after all the recipe section.

just as a sort of side line to the Weber thing, I had a non genuine "Weber" for a long time (mainly because I was too stingy to buy a genuine one) and my kids bought a genuine Weber for Christmas 2007, now I can tell you, the proper Weber runs circles around the copy, not too sure how, but I guess it is the shape and the venting and stuff, it is worth every cent to get the genuine, trust me, OH and I also do not work in the BBQ industry.
    Last edited by Noelm; 19-05-2009 at 03:49 PM. Reason: spelling

Quote Originally Posted by flybloke View Post
    If there is interest and the moderators will allow,
    I am willing to put up the way I do slow cooked roast,s in Lamb , Beef, pork and Chicken.
    Anyone with hooded BBQ or webbber can do it.
    I will give full details to ensure an expert result that will have friends and family demanding you to cook up a storm every time.
    Im not in the BBQ industry, I will just give what works for me.
    Once a Mod consents I will get to work.
    Go for it.
    Regards

mod5

Thanks mod 5
    I am thinking that Pictures are best so I will do one a week.
    This week end I will do one and then post up. Then so on and so on.
    That will also give others time to add there ideas and so forth.
    This will be fun

Thanks Flybloke. I have also been digging up non seafood recipes to try and spark more interest in the recipe section. We might be here because we share a common interest in fishing, but I would think most of us would have a common interest in eating....and very few of us would eat seafood for EVERY meal (we may want to but practicality dictates otherwise).

I love a good roast....and I reckon nothing beats a roast done on the webber or hooded bbq, with the guests all having a beer/wine and getting high on the cooking aromas. Look forward to your posts.

I have a good mate who is head chef at Karumba Lodge, and he is sending me a couple of recipes that I have eaten and drooled over at his previous restaurant, with permission to post em on here.

Cheers
    Greg

what about pressure cooker recipies,,, top stuff... cant beat tongue

mike
    Tangles KFC

maybe even slow cooker recipes.

Greg

I had a webber...same as anything else..cannot cook for crap so I gave it away.
    I tried a roast in it once..said to leave for X amount of time..hell I was drunk by the time that was over and the bloody roast was still alive I think when I took it out...another culinary disaster.

never ever had a failure in my Weber, the secret is the amount of heat beads, how they are positioned, and as I mentioned a while ago, a GENUINE Webber! gees with that sort of blatant advertising, I might get one sent to me!!! (I doubt it though)

I look forward to that recipe Greg
    Looks like this week end I will do "Smoked Pulled pork"
    I've got a hankering right now

I've never owned one.

When they (webbers) first came out our friends got one - we were 20 something y.o. and very drunk - couldn't light the heat beads.

Anyhoo - muggins discovers some 'my favorite' brand dry cleaning fluid in the laundry and the rest is history.

There's still a round scorch mark in their soffits where the mushroom cloud went - along with my eyebrows......

I will use both Webber and a standard hooded BBQ
    Will also list a few must haves for slow cooking.
    I will also do a smoked fish on the webber so those that have not done it can see how its done.
    I will also do one in a kitchen oven that is easy and will change your thoughts on traditional roast lamb forever.
    There are plenty of cooks here that would blow me away, so this should be an all in discussion about how you might change my technique to suit your own tastes